Forums Latest Members
  1. Amadeus Dec 3, 2016

So I found this crown which my father swears it's an Omega crown, now the problem is that he says he doesn't remember to which omega model does the crown belong, I tried searching online but I had no luck, so I thought I would ask you guys for help.

Here's the crown in question:
    01.JPG

As you can see the crown has a palm tree instead of the classic Omega logo, if anyone knows something about it I would love to hear it :)

2. Vitezi Dec 3, 2016

JimInOz, Giff2577 and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 3, 2016

So did the Afrika Corps! Theirs was slightly more angular though and had a swastika on the trunk.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. mac_omega Dec 3, 2016

These crowns have been delivered only with early Omegas which were sold to Florida in the 30ies.

5. Vitezi Dec 3, 2016

Now that is an awesome bit of trivia to remember for the next GTG or RedBar meeting!

6. Amadeus Dec 3, 2016

Thank you so much, that indeed is an interesting piece of trivia.
    I found yet another "tropical" themed Omega crown :p , would you happen to know something about this crown?

Here are the pictures:

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 4, 2016

I've never heard of these, then again, I wasn't around in the 1930's.

Do you have pictures of any others?
    gatorcpa

8. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 4, 2016

Great design, love the shape of the flower example. How many crowns like these two are out there?

9. mac_omega Dec 5, 2016

To avoid any further confusion I have to confess that my previous statement was not meant serious - should have been a joke...

I was pretty confident that it was understood this way as nobody questioned my assessment.

Sorry, I did not want to mislead anybody.

To stay clear: I have never seen such a crown on any Omega before - I think the OP´s father may have mixed something up when he stated it had always been on his watch - memory can play strange sometimes...

IMHO the solution @Vitezi has offered (see above) is the most likely explanation - might indeed have belonged to a Pagol watch.

I hope you will still believe my assessments concerning 30 mm Omegas in the future despite of my "bad attempt" :whipped:

Rman, MPWATCH and JimInOz like this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 5, 2016

You must remember to use the ";)" Erich!

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 5, 2016

Except me. ;)

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in your response.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    gatorcpa

12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 5, 2016

We really need a sarcasm emoticon.

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 5, 2016

Usually this one does it ":p" or this one ":D".

However, we realize that sometimes these emoticons don't bridge the culture gap.

I thought that Erich's "tongue was planted in his cheek", but again, I just wanted to make it perfectly clear to all.
    gatorcpa

14. ConElPueblo Dec 5, 2016

We need people that understand sarcasm.

ahartfie likes this.
  15. Amadeus Dec 6, 2016

Haha you got me good there.
    Regardless of this, my father still believes the crowns belong to a special edition Omega model but he can't remember exactly to which one, he only remember he got it around the time when he was working for Omega.
    He said he'll try asking to his old Omega colleagues the next time he meets up with them, so I'll keep you posted guys :thumbsup: .