Forums Latest Members
  1. Norfolk Apr 14, 2017

Some help please! I have been offered this watch. Cal 601. Case back with engraved movement number only and PAF.
    Is it genuine and is it worth anything?
    I am told it is Pakistan Air Force issue.
    Second hand is bent. IMG_3174.JPG

tapaptpat likes this.
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 14, 2017

That dial is total B.S. It is refinished (incorrectly) and does not belong on that watch. There are likely additional issues, but we would need additional pictures.

Syrte likes this.
  3. tapaptpat Apr 14, 2017

Hey Norfolk,

First time I've seen this variety, so not really able to attest it's good or bad.

Knirim has a Seamaster 30 with hippo caseback and marked with serial and PAF.

I would use the thread a guide to as what you could expect.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-30-p-a-f.43801/

There is another thread eluding me to different hand sets on the issued timepieces. But as you can see it was often just fixed with parts available. An utilitarian approach.

Hope that this helps, keep you busy until someone can come and comment one way or another.

4. Norfolk Apr 14, 2017

IMG_3175.JPG
    Caseback. I must say one gets a gut instinct when handling a watch and this just didn't feel right. Happy to be proven wrong!

5. tapaptpat Apr 14, 2017

All I've seen are 2 pictures, so I'm a no at this point. Your gut is either wanting a hot cross bun an cuppa lamb gravy N taters or its trying to tell you somerhing. The thing with the Omega PAFs I've seen they are either Ranchero dials or Seamaster. So going to stick with my know references. If the price were right and you liked it. Then why not. Knowing that PAF has a tendency of fitting whatever they had at hand.

Was that Uxbridge by any chance?

6. Norfolk Apr 15, 2017

I think it is a pass on this one unless anyone can provide anything more substantial on verification....he is asking 4 figures for it which could be an expensive mistake...

And not Uxbridge - it was a local fair.

7. tapaptpat Apr 15, 2017

Hell no. U could have started with "is this worth 4 figures!"