Forums Latest Members
  1. KAAAWAZ28 Mar 26, 2019

Aloha Every one,
    I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and just got into affordable watches last year.I have mostly Seiko autos, but I love vintage things. I picked up this watch for what I feel is a deal at less then $200 just because I fell in love with it. It might be fake,it might be real, that's what I hope one of you can figure out? It was a pocket watch till someone maybe around ww1 made into a wrist watch.I couldn't find any dial like this. It seems to be dragons. Any help would be amazing. I am fine if you feel it could be a fake,I still love the look. #s on movement are 3930862, case #s 4420477. And no Omega symbol on dial. Mahalo for any and all feedback
    Mahalo Thomas

1911 OMEGA 1.jpg 1911 OMEGA 2.jpg 1911 OMEGA.jpg
  2. chipsotoole Mar 26, 2019

Aloha Thomas
    hmm...The movement appears genuine..but it's been oversprayed with that gold/bronze paint look you see a lot from the watch chop shops in Ukraine. The case appears also to be original but I doubt it is original to the watch. Dial looks to me like a modern repro interpretation of, well who knows, and the hands might just be original, but were most liked pulled off another pocket watch and stuck on. IMHO It's a Frankenwatch. Here be monsters...
    However 200 USD is not going to break you and if you like it.....well then. Just be aware this watch might find the conditions in Hawaii rather challenging..Don't wear it to the beach if you want it to keep going without an expensive service. It's never going to withstand hard outdoor wristlife.
    Mahalo
    Mike

3. KAAAWAZ28 Mar 26, 2019

Aloha Mike,
    Actually the lugs are brass and the gold overspray looks like my favorite Hawaii mineral,rust.LOL Its probably my photography skills. I appreciate your input,To me it does look off. I do love it.Off to work
    Mahalo Thomas