Forums Latest Members

Omega online warranty registration?

1. AntonisCy Jul 6, 2020

Can someone explain what the guy in the video states at around at 0:38 in this video?

You have to register to be eligible for the full 5 year warranty?

2. Meme-Dweller Jul 6, 2020

Probably has it confused with Oris where you get an extra year for registering. Only thing you can do with Omega online is check the METAS test results on the newer watches.

AntonisCy likes this.
  3. 8100_RPM Jul 6, 2020

This is either a new policy or this guy is blowing smoke to convince people to only buy from ADs.

When Omega retroactively implemented the five year warranty, the OB that I picked up my ST2 at sent out the attached letter.
    OB Warranty Letter.jpg

So I guess that begs the question, when you purchase an Omega from an AD or OB, do they enter your information into a system to activate your warranty? I'm curious as to how Omega's system works.

AntonisCy likes this.
  4. AntonisCy Jul 6, 2020

@Archer might know how this works.

5. 8100_RPM Jul 6, 2020

I'm just curious if Omega even tracks any of this. I have purchased new watches from two AD's & an OB and it seems like they are pretty loose with the warranty cards.

Watch #1 - The AD did not have the watch in stock and had to order it from Omega. The warranty card was stamped with the dealer name. The model number and serial number were hand written by the AD. The AD left the date blank "to give me a longer warranty".

Watch #2 - Different AD but like watch #1, the warranty card was stamped with the dealer name, the model number & serial number were hand written and the date was left blank. When I went back two weeks later to have the bracelet adjusted, I mentioned that the date on the warranty card was blank. The sales associate apologized for the inconvenience and wrote in the date to give me an "extra two weeks" on my warranty.

Watch #3 - Same AD as watch #2 but with the watch ordered from Omega as it was not in stock. Again the warranty card was stamped with the dealer name while the model number, serial number & the date were hand written on the date of pick-up.

Watch #4 - Same AD as watches #2 & #3 with all of the relevant information on the warranty card hand written.

Watch #5 - The ST2 was reserved online and picked up at an OB so Omega already had all of my information. The warranty card had the "Omega Boutiques USA" and the model and serial numbers printed on it. The date was hand written as of the date that I picked-up the watch.

6. Evitzee Jul 6, 2020

I bought a CK2998 Blue Panda in Dec 2018 from an AD, warranty card says two years but Omega policy is clear, ANY watch sold after July 1, 2018 has five year warranty. I know the AD didn't send any of the sale data to Omega. Most watches dont need warranty service, if it does the owner will need to provide the dated warranty card or original receipt. Pretty simple.

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 6, 2020

In the US they cannot require you to register for the warranty to be in effect.

8100_RPM and 3nicewatches like this.
  8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jul 6, 2020

The truth hath been spoken! Proof of purchase is all you need...keep the receipt people

9. AntonisCy Jul 7, 2020

This is the reply i got from the guy :

"Basically all authorized dealers will have an app to use and they will scan each sold watch. If the watch isn't scanned, it won't be registered under omega as sold from an AD and no warranty will be valid. The omega reps will monitor the system as well."

10. Muttley Jul 7, 2020

So, if the inevitable happens (people make mistakes, it's human nature) and a watch was not registered for any reason, Omega would flat refuse to honour the warranty? Judging by what BlackTalon mentioned (and the same holds true here in NZ), proof of purchase is all you need for a warranty claim. Obviously having the purchase recorded in their system would also be helpful, but shouldn't be the ONLY way to prove your watch is covered.
    5 years is a good move though, it adds a bit of extra 'peace of mind' considering what a new Omega can cost.

11. Bugbait Jul 7, 2020

It's the same in the UK, proof of purchase is all that's required for a standard manufacturer warranty.

12. AntonisCy Jul 7, 2020

By the way there is a Warranty Scanner App in the App Store from Omega that has been recently updated and it states that is to be used by retailers to register sales.

PATRICK JP likes this.