Forums Latest Members

Omega OEM Strap-Quality vs Price

1. Prange Apr 3, 2015

Are the Omega OEM leather straps worth buying? I recently purchased a Seamaster Pro 300-(pics coming soon)-and I'm interested in a leather strap.

Or would the aftermarket be a better choice?

Thanks.

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 3, 2015

From what I've seen they can be stupid money, I've bought some nice aftermarket bands for a lot less than OEM. Hirsch comes to mind.

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 3, 2015

Welcome to the message board.

I have never owned an Omega branded leather strap, as I have been really happy with most any generic leather strap. My pocket book thanks me.

4. yinzerniner Apr 3, 2015

I've had eight or so different Omega straps, from rubber to leather. The leather ones are nice but very overpriced, and yes you can find comparable quality via Hirsch and the like although to find a strap that works with the superb Omega deployment is much tougher. Having one made custom will probably run about the same price as an Omega OEM, but will most likely be even better quality. Also, some Ebay sellers make Omega deployment compatible straps, and they are anywhere between 75-90% of the quality at about 20% of the price.
    The rubber straps are a different story, and I believe they are worth the price. Incredible craftsmanship, amazing quality, and fit and finish is fantastic.

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2015

Great quality, stupid price. not worth it. I can see buying the rubber straps but there are too many great leather choices out there from independent labels.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2015

If you like leather get some Horween Shell Cordovan, its awesome and far cheaper

travisrock likes this.
  7. guelerct Apr 4, 2015

I second Hirsch straps
    Great look, less spend
    Just out a performance band on my Speedmaster[​IMG]

bandit likes this.
  8. nima0071 Apr 4, 2015

Got this one and i love it. 116299-ed92aa17da98d0a9ac3b8809afcaecde.jpg

9. Alex_TA Apr 4, 2015

Yes they are, if you appreciate quality.

10. guelerct Apr 4, 2015

[​IMG]
    Omega Black nylon strap is very comfortable
    The underside has a leather lining which helps justify the price....even if only a little

11. Peitron Apr 4, 2015

I don't mind spending the money, if I'm getting quality in return. At OEM Omega strap prices I prefer Camille Fournet. Simply amazing straps. Much better than Hirsch IMO.

ulackfocus likes this.
  12. Prange Apr 5, 2015

They're
    I like this. Thanks. That could be it for me.

Oh, I am just about blind looking at straps for sale for the past hour or so.

13. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Apr 5, 2015

Another vote for Hirsch. They are in the sweet spot as far as price and quality are concerned and have a lot of styles, sizes, and materials to choose from.

14. yinzerniner Apr 5, 2015

That black nylon with the nylon keepers is quite sharp. Do you know if the leather will age well over time? The only downside I see with other Omega leather underside straps is that they degrade a lot faster than other leather linings, although I'm guessing it will be less noticeable since the leather here is black as opposed to tan.

15. tegee26 Apr 5, 2015

My vote for Omega OEM (leather) straps, speaking strictly from my experience with my PO, is I really like the fact that the straps "hugs" the case so there are no gaps between the case and the strap creating a seamless look. With aftermarket straps it leaves you with a gap that I feel leaves a very unappealing look IMHO.

To that end, it is painfully expensive to buy OEM straps, but for this single reason I have to.

And as others stated, Omega's rubber straps are THE BOMB and there are no comparisons.

16. yinzerniner Apr 5, 2015

Are you talking about the curved lug ends, or just the straps eliminating any space between itself and the interior of the lugs where the spring bar locks in? If you're talking about where the strap meets case (instead of where strap meets lug) I actually find myself liking that gap with my Speedy (has a more dressy, classic look) while looking to eliminate it on my Seamaster. So, with your PO I can see you point. Too bad there are very few straps (if any) for the Seamaster case than fill in the entire open area.

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 5, 2015

Panatime and other brands have curved lug straps.

18. Mark Farrell Apr 5, 2015

Another vote for the Hirsch from me image.jpg image.jpg

billyblue likes this.
  19. Shem Apr 5, 2015

Thanks for posting this and reminding me of them. I think the next strap I get for my Speedmaster Perpetual will be a thin, black Camille Fournet integrated round-scale alligator strap. :)

20. tegee26 Apr 5, 2015

Yea...it is hard to explain I'm sorry for the confusion.

I am talking about the curved part of the strap that fills the gap alongside the interior of the case. I really like that clean look IMO.