Forums Latest Members

Omega novice's search for an Aqua Terra Teak Dial: trying to spot what's not good

1. tikkathree Jan 16, 2018

I suppose I've spent enough time over the past five years feeding a growing watch collecting hobby by buying online, keeping things until I decided I didn't like them enough and then moving them on and trying something else. Gradually I've refined my ideas and tastes and I've worked my way through various microbrands, Soviet/Russian watches in variety especially Vostok Scuba Dudes (where I taught myself all about replacing parts and modding!), Poljot chronos, a few Porsche Design models and plenty of Valjoux/ETA 7750 chronos (yes I still have a weakness for a nice wobbler) .

Post retirement I have followed a programme of thinning out the watch collection mostly because I feel that I should but partly also to enable me to swim upstream towards Brellum, better branded 7750's and latterly Omega where I have been refining my requirements and interests in an Aqua Terra.

Looking predominantly on EBay I see plenty of AT from the USA and Japan and a scattering from around Europe. Oh how I wish that vendors would list dial colours and patterning correctly and hoe I wish that watches with quartz internals wouldn't be described by some as Co-Axial!!

And the teak dials - what are the correct names of the colours? White/silver/opaline???? Black/charcoal???? I need a damp towel or I need to find the right watch soon!