Forums Latest Members

Omega noob: do you guys do legitimacy checks?

1. Hesheatingup Mar 1, 2015

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 1, 2015

Two things I can think off. One, get better pictures, and 2, get better manners. It would be amazing If you introduced yourself and asked for help as opposed to just posting some pictures and expecting people to go out of their way to help you.

I'm getting old. Apologies to moderators of my tone starts a little dissent.

Joshieboy, gemini4, Tuchka and 4 others like this.
  3. Hesheatingup Mar 1, 2015

First time visiting this site so not really sure what the tone or mood is on here. Had no intentions of being rude or rushed or anything like that. Prefer to remain fairly anonymous but happily can share that i love watches and have been starting to look at nicer brands with omega being the top of that list.

The pictures are high res but may have been condensed. If they are not framed properly i can definitely adjust that.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

Very low quality knock-off, no resemblance to any real Omega model, I'd chuck it in the bin

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 1, 2015

It's the dial that's hard to see clearly, maybe tilting a little the watch so the reflection and fingerprints are not on the way and the dial is focused, it will help the more expert members look at the finishing.

Are you not sure if it's authentic or just looking for general feedback?

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 1, 2015

I do identify with your impatience......but do have a look around.

What we have here is a LOT of knowledge in the heads of men, (women all too busy cooking) who, for the most part, as far as I can tell, have quite busy lives but take (too much) time to while away on this forum.

Your watch is a big fat fake.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you stay on, sounds like you are going to be an enthusiastic spender.

7. Hesheatingup Mar 1, 2015

Authenticity! Friend picked this up from a fam member. IMG_20150301_145444.jpg IMG_20150301_145340.jpg

8. Hesheatingup Mar 1, 2015

Sounds like this guy is not the fashion piece I am looking for. Do appreciate the time and analysis. Assumed this would be the best place for omega advice. I will definitely look through this forum frequently!

9. Superdoc Mar 1, 2015

We're on an Internet forum... Not sure anyone is making any kind of altruistic sacrifice in answering a post ...
    Just a tip... You may want to find something else to fill that space on the mantle you're reserving for the Nobel prize...

As for the original poster...yes, we do authenticity checks here...
    And that is not Authentic...
    That's an easy one..
    But as much as all of our accumulated knowledge may be... There is still so much for all of us to learn...

Heck.. @Shem could have posted his limited edition for an authenticity check and I would have been suspect just because I didn't even know it existed (only 50 made) ...
    So don't feel too bad..
    Just don't let yourself be a victim...
    Hopefully we haven't scared you away...
    This really is a great forum

Edited Mar 1, 2015
    flw, RawArcher, ctime3 and 2 others like this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 1, 2015

Thank you. Point taken. I'll place something else on that shelf. It was a nice spot though... Pitty

Georgieboy58, lerxst, tpatta and 2 others like this.
  11. ctime3 Mar 1, 2015

First impressions let's remember that on here.

RawArcher likes this.
  12. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

Dunno about legitimacy checks tho. We'll need a birth certificate and a blood sample from all parties involved.

TheCaptainOfTech likes this.
  13. ulackfocus Mar 1, 2015

Cutting to the chase: that watch is a bad fake. :thumbsdown:

tyrantlizardrex and TLIGuy like this.
  14. Mothra Mar 2, 2015

;):)you mean the co-axial broad arrow speedmaster seamaster hour vision de Ville is a fake? Damn. If it were real I could dump all these other watches and have all my collection in one!

15. chickenman26 Mar 2, 2015

From an uncle, no doubt. Even to a relative noob like me, everything about that watch screams fake.

16. tyrantlizardrex Mar 2, 2015

What do you mean it's a fake? The guy selling these in the market said it was real... and he smiled all the time...

flw likes this.
  17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2015

I love it when these "Broadarrows" don't even have a Broadarrow. :rolleyes:

lerxst and Hijak like this.
  18. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 2, 2015

Should we create another section for how much my watch is worth or is it real?

tpatta and rhetoric like this.
  19. flw history nerd Mar 2, 2015

Actually that is a great suggestion. I'm still very new around here, only have one Omega (so far!), but I am enthusiastic and curious to learn as much as I can. And I would guess that I speak for others as well. There are lots of requests like this, and if there were a special section it would save a lot of time ... especially for Al Archer!

20. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 2, 2015

Archer is Als username, it's not his surname.