Forums Latest Members
  1. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Sep 22, 2015

Hi gents,

I know how much you guys all love commenting on watches with limited pictures and detail, so I've got a nice one for your viewing.

Watch has been posted on a local site and as can be seen has very limited details. From what I can pick up, the watch has promise, but I'm no expert. The hands seem correct as well as being the correct length and I noted the same layout of the sub second track on a 30T2 on this forum earlier.

Pictures on the Google also seems limited to me for this particular layout. Could this be legitimate???
    If the comments are good I may be able to get my hands on this over the weekend to properly check it out and maybe even get the back open.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Seller's pictures:
    Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg Omega 3.jpg

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 22, 2015

Recent redial, and not close to the original in terms of the fonts. Crown is also wrong.

3. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Sep 22, 2015

Thank you for your input Tony. The crown should be thinner and the font larger, right?

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 22, 2015

Here is an example of an original dial. Note the difference in the flat-topped "A", and also that the "non magnetic" font is smaller than on your example.

The other clear give-away is that your example has too clean of a dial for one of that age.

The crown should be a very different style, and yes, thinner.

[​IMG]

5. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Sep 22, 2015

Are the flat top A's from that era or always prevalent on these models specifically?
    The writing on this example also seems pretty high above the hands' pinion and there seems to me like there are dots, or something, missing for the minutes and hour plots.

Details, details, details. Thank you again!

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 22, 2015

You're welcome! I would need to see better photos of the watch to comment further, but again, unless it were NOS, it is exceedingly unlikely that you would find a watch of that age with such a clean dial, so the rest is academic.