Forums Latest Members
  1. marturx Sep 30, 2013

I have for a while been after 1 end piece no 6, 19 mm, for the 7912 bracelet.

Yesterday I "won" this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/omega-final...5Pm9lDaT4mHSFpFvxqM8M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Having seen a pair of these selling on eBay UK in the early summer in excess of GBP 1000, I didn´t think it should be possible to get a pair as cheap as I actually did. Now, did I see something that no one else saw, or did every one else see something that I didn´t see?? What do you think, are these pieces kosher? Will I jump with joy when they arrive, if they arrive, or will I break down in tears? ::confused2::

Also, on another note, was it just a coincidence, the price we saw in the early summer, and thus will the "ballistic" development in price for these items, take a downturning trajectory, into a more realistic, reasonable, level??

2. cristos71 Sep 30, 2013

I was watching these and watched the auction end too. I'm no expert but they just didn't feel right to me, something about the shape and finish and the font of the "6" doesn't look quite right either.
    That coupled to the sellers history, he hasn't been really active since 2007 or so and also the poor photos/description put me off bidding.
    I hope for the best for you as if they are correct then they were a very good price.
    I can't see the price of the bracelets falling much especially the early 7077's and 7912's as they are just going straight into peoples collections and not seeing the light of day again. I personally think they are now at a realistic price and before they were just cheap.

3. mac_omega Sep 30, 2013

don´t look bad - but it is hard to tell from the lousy pictures...
    Maybe your brave heart has saved you a lot of money as you took the risk.
    I keep my fingers crossed for you!

4. Dash1 Oct 1, 2013

It's hard to say for sure with the poor photos, but I think they will be okay. Nice buy!

5. sohail Oct 1, 2013

Worth it

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Oct 1, 2013

the size looks okay although the font is weird. Becareful as I hear people are stamping them. Gluck!

7. marturx Oct 1, 2013

This is quite interesting. Are there any known fakes of these end pieces? How do they look like?

Until just recently it was hardly widely known that they were so valuable, so the fakers must act real fast if fakes are already floating around.

If these pieces that I've now bought, turns out to be no good, I regard it as cost of learning, it's not at all an hugh amount to loose.

8. marturx Oct 8, 2013

A little follow up on this one. I received the end pieces. I have a strong feeling that I have been scammed.

Lesson learned the hard way.....

What do you say guys, spot the fakes among these 4 pieces i photographed together for comparison. I had 2 end pieces on a 7912 bracelet in my collection.

Should be pretty easy to see. All input is welcome!

End pieces front.jpg

End pieces back.jpg

End pieces inside.jpg

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2013

Not very pretty :(

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 8, 2013

Doesn't look legit - try to return them.

11. cristos71 Oct 8, 2013

I was worried for that, it's easy to see with the comparison shots. I hope you get your money back.

12. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Oct 8, 2013

I remembered there were some italian sellers doing this. I had never seen one in person but heard of it through the dealer network. They still don't fit quite as well as you can tell the subtle differences especially in the corner tabs

13. sohail Oct 8, 2013

It will be nice if some other member can post pics of these end links for comparison .....this is interesting

14. marturx Oct 9, 2013

Update. I contacted the Italian seller, and started up a case at eBay, claiming counterfeit item. The seller did not deny. He blamed his watchmaker. Furthermore the seller agreed to take the end pieces back, and to refund my payment. I have now sent the end pieces back to him.

It´s so sad that not even items like this cannot be left alone by fakers. I guess it´s the flip side to the insane pricing of them....:(

stef2010 likes this.
  15. skipper Oct 13, 2013

I have a pair of these (19mm No.6) end pieces that I've decided to sell. They came off a 7912/64 from a 105.003-64, and I'd appreciate any guidance on what they may be worth. I think £1000+ is ridiculous - what do you think is a more realistic value? They are in good condition for almost 50 year old end pieces, with just two small scratches on the top of one piece. Thanks.

16. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 13, 2013

Indeed, if there's money to be made, there's a scam to be done. Glad you're getting refund.

17. John R Smith Oct 13, 2013

In terms of the stainless bits and bobs I buy for my boat, these end pieces should cost no more than £5 for the pair. It is only scarcity that gives them any value at all.

18. skipper Oct 13, 2013

In so far as they are two small pieces of stainless steel, yes they should just be a few quid, but that wasn't quite what I was asking...

19. sohail Oct 13, 2013

I agree with smith on the value part

20. marturx Oct 13, 2013

List them in the Market place section with good closeup pictures and your asking price for them. Be prepared to provide solid references. If your asking meets what anyone is prepared to pay for them, that is their value, and they will sell.