Forums Latest Members
  1. Atomicskibum07 Mar 21, 2016

Hey everyone,
    With my AT being picked up Wednesday night I've been thinking of straps that I want to go along with it. I love the look of it stock, but I want a leather band for my wedding, but I'm thinking the Nato strap for my everyday life. Is it worth the $170 in PA to get the Omega Branded Nato Strap or are there other ones that work as well, if not better.

2. rst1121 Mar 21, 2016

Yes, they are. Don't go buy the cheap knockoff crap online.

WiZARD likes this.
  3. _Omega_ Mar 21, 2016

I have three 22mm and two 20mm.

Totally. Worth. It.

WiZARD likes this.
  4. meganfox17 Mar 21, 2016

What watch brand is soon-to-be Mrs.Atomicskibum wearing for her wedding ? Are both of you wearing matching leather straps ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 21, 2016
    Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  5. jayrock26 Mar 21, 2016

im thinking of buying one for my 145.012.. quality looks fantastic

6. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Mar 21, 2016

Based on the first three posts, I think a no name nato would be best.....::bleh:::whipped:

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 21, 2016

Having multiple Omega natos and generic natos, I can say without doubt that the Omega versions are of superior quality. You have to see both types up close, and the feel of the generic isn't nearly as nice. I can see some early wear/tear on the generic after about 8 weeks of use.

My recommendation is find one good Omega nato that you like, buy it, be happy with it. Then plunk down $50 and get yourself 3-4 generics with varying patterns.

If you were tight on money, you'd probably be happy with a single generic nato... from a distance, the generics look identical to the Omegas.

Morrisdog likes this.
  8. Morrisdog Mar 22, 2016

I agree.. But I must add that the Omega NATO is more comfortable, the nylon is smoother without any rough bits. So the others will look similar from a distance you can feel the difference..

9. guelerct Mar 22, 2016

Split camp on this board but I definitely like mine

10. dc_in_sf Mar 22, 2016

I have my 145.012 on the Omega black coated NATO and love it, it is super comfortable. It is thicker and stiffer than your average NATO though, so the normal trick of folding the excess strap and feeding it back through the keeper doesn't work well so you want to trim the excess - and you want to be a bit more careful doing that with a $200 NATO than you would with your average $15 NATO :)

11. Jminchoi Mar 22, 2016

Have you tried a Nato before? Some people don't like it. It could be a small investment to just buy a cheap one for now then upgrade to the real deal later on if it turns out you like them. Unless you are just looking at us for validation for a decision that you have already made to purchase the Omega Nato.

Foo2rama likes this.
  12. sky21 Mar 22, 2016

I think the NATO strap is fantastic, but I modify mine immediately upon getting one. I cut the extra second layer of nylon and the inside wrist keeper off and trim the extra length so I don't have to fold it back upon itself. Just a suggestion, but it makes the strap very comfy and low profile. But I probably wouldn't do that to the very pricey Omega NATO.

Morrisdog and Perseus like this.
  13. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 22, 2016

I'd never cut an official omega nato (probably not even a generic)--if you plan on selling it or passing it along at some point, modifying it would reduce the value to $25-$50, if that. Even for personal use, you NEED the extra length if you ever wear your watch over a dress shirt.

You could always have multiple generic natos (one modified, one stock), but it would still be a pain in the butt having to switch back and forth.

14. Hands90 Mar 22, 2016

The omega nato is comfortable but is it worth it. I don't know. I do like wearing a nato made from Omega. The brand from me plays a huge part.

15. Undersköterskan Mar 22, 2016

You could always try a NATO De Luxe from Timefactors. Not quite as outstanding as the OEM Omega but not far away, and at a fraction of the cost.

Regards
    Undersköterskan image.jpeg

Fabollse and Hands90 like this.
  16. Perseus Mar 22, 2016

I like Nato's but the $10-$15 dollar Natos are not that comfortable. The Omega Nato's are top shelf. The Time Factors Delux Nato's are really nice also. They're not on Omega's level and the hardware is polarizing, but they are a fraction of the cost. If the come out with some solid colors I'll buy some more.

17. Morrisdog Mar 22, 2016

I cut the extra flappy bit of my omega NATO. The watch wears much better that way, besides it does not actually do much as the watch is quite secure without the second layer. I found that I really did not like wearing my watch on the Omega NATO before this modification. I preferred my other cheap NATOs which I had modified, so I just took the plunge and cut second layer of. I don't wear my other NATOs at all now. I don't mind the fold at the end..

18. deryk527 Mar 24, 2016

I've bought a few NATOs from my local boutique. They were expensive, but considering the quality in the details absolutely worth it.

19. guelerct Mar 25, 2016

Just curious, why would you wear a nato over a dress shirt?

20. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 25, 2016

Thick wrists, almost all of my dress shirts are too tight at the cuff. Worn underneath, I can only see about 1/3 of the dial if I use some effort.