Forums Latest Members

Omega Moonwatch/Omega 321 'bargains' (reflecting on the 2020 and beyond offerings)

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 5, 2021

I am a BIG fan of the new Speedies and their new bracelets (and if I were a rich man, I would snap up the hesalite moonwatch, the platinum and steel 321's and both the new goldies ::love::). I too have nothing against the new prices (of the watches that are within my budget))(afterall, 'the rising tide raises all boats'...moonwatch I think is very fair, and I would honestly rather have a new Ed White than 99% of the vintage EW's that can be found for the same price), its merely a point of reflection (without reflecting on anything else about the watches, or even other brands and their inflated hype and grey market rediculousness).

When I reflect on the current prices (Hesalite moonwatch with bracelet for about 6300CHF incl. VAT, and 321 Speedmaster for about 14500CHF incl. VAT), my following two Omega purchases in the last 8 months (since April 2020) seem to be absolute steals, upon retrospection. And I am certain I am not the only one...or even the only one who has had this thought in the last few months.

Show off your relative 'bargains' purchased since the introduction of the steel 321 (2020 on...that excludes ye ancient hoarders of speed who dried up the market of 2998's at 4k a pop)...

I'll begin.

Omega Moonwatch: First of the discontinued series...a transitional 3570.50

18j cal. 861 (one of the last, so the newest 861) in mint condition...check.
    Beautiful tritium toffee dial and hands...check.
    Stunning unpolished case...check.
    Original and first variant of the recently discontinued bracelets (which I like more than the 'better' improved versions, due to the taper)...check.
    Condition...excellent...check.
    Retrospective deal @ +- 2800CHF (incl. VAT)...check.
    Bonus : Cheese ... check.

IMG_4668.jpg

Omega 321: a lowly 145.006-66 seamaster.

Second generation cal. 321 in mint condition...check.
    Beautiful tritium dial and hands...check.
    Speedy-Tuesday-like radial dial, with an oilier blacker dial than the ST1...check.
    Ultraman-orange chrono hand...check.
    Stunning unpolished case...check.
    Original bracelet (not pictured)...check.
    Condition...excellent...check.
    Retrospective deal @ +-4200CHF (incl. VAT)...check.
    Bonus : Cheese (endlinks stuffed with it) ... check.

IMG_4603.jpg

I know there are some ninja's out there that will make me look like 'a fool and his money'...turn me green...how did you do restrospectively to the current offerings?

(Edit: PS: lets not forget about service costs...still retrospective bargains imho...)

Edited Jan 5, 2021
  2. rob#1 Jan 5, 2021

Bonus: Cheese :D

eugeneandresson likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 9, 2021

Wow, I think it’s official I am a watch-ninja then seeing as y’all been silenced :cool:::psy::::psy::::psy::

Eve likes this.
  4. pdxleaf ... Jan 9, 2021

More bargain hunters than bargains I'm afraid.
    Your recent sale of the vintage Seamaster would have qualified. Unfortunately for me, someone else got that bargain too.

eugeneandresson likes this.