Forums Latest Members
  1. joedel87 Feb 9, 2015

Good evening guys,

What is your opinion on the speedy moonphase? Its obviously gorgeous but do you thing itll one day be a collectors item?

looking forward to your response!

$_57.JPG
  2. mrmr Feb 10, 2015

I have this watch and love it. I'm new to the game so I couldn't say as far as it's worth as an investment.

3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 10, 2015

I wish the tachy hand was a simple slim baton, rather than having the dagger (I'm sure I'm not using the correct term) as that blocks more of the moonphase area. Of course, you could move it out the way, but I think that would bug my unofficial OCD having it not set to 12.

robinhook, Akua001 and canardobkk like this.
  4. mrmr Feb 10, 2015

It's true and the date is often blocked by one hand or another. I'm sure true aficionados have issues with this. I agree, it bothers me to not keep the chrono hand at 12. I do sometimes let it run. Not sure how most think about doing that.

5. joedel87 Feb 10, 2015

I have a speedmaster reduced 3510.50 but I am a sucker for moonphases. I am considering selling it and getting one.

6. shoota70 Feb 10, 2015

Everybody here will tell you it is awesome.

Some of the every will tell you it is not there favorite because of this or that (mostly due to sapphire front and/or sapphire back, misleading caseback inscription, and as you mentioned a questionable moonphase location). With regards to the date and the moonphase being hard to see I can tell you that is true. This has been my daily wearer for the past few months (it refuses to go back in the case). Also the white gold accents on the sub dials are something I really like and completely change the affect of the dial compared to a regular Speedy.

It is a Speedy Pro, a moonwatch, and IMO the best one. It is also the only Pro with the date .I do not have high hopes for its future collectibility but you never know.

Do you own a Speedy now? Why did the 357650 grab your attention?

Jackyloi2110 and joedel87 like this.
  7. joedel87 Feb 10, 2015

I have a speedy reduced. Ive had it for about a year and I absolutely love it. I find the culture and the history that surrounds the speedmaster extremely fascinating. I love the fact the 357650 has a moonphase- a complication usually found in pieces with a considerably higher price tag. I am seriously thinking of giving up the speedy I own now for one of these bad boys. What do you think?

8. shoota70 Feb 10, 2015

You should go for it. As much as I like the reduced I would still argue you don't have a speedy pro Moonwatch. You will not regret it. It is outstanding on leather or steel. Dress up or down. And on everybody's Top 10 list.

What you mentioned is exactly why I own this one - the history behind it the fact that this one has the moonphase and the date. It was a perfect set up for me.

My only problem is it didn't scratch the hesalite or the 321 itch - but I'm working on that.

9. joedel87 Feb 11, 2015

Any idea what a used one should cost? Theyre ranging from 3800 to 7000 on eBay and Chrono24. Does that sound right?

10. shoota70 Feb 12, 2015

Kringkily (George) can get you into essentially a new one for 39-42 USD.

He has sourced me two, and they were brand new full kits. That was few years and months back respectively, so they might be a touch more now, but certainly less then 45.

fskywalker, mrmr and texas john like this.
  11. shoota70 Feb 12, 2015

12. HessenMob Feb 16, 2015

here is mine. love it! sometimes i wish the moonphase was also not blocked by the tachymeter hand, but it still adds that little something special to this watch. the date comes in handy every now and then as well.
    overall, ive had it nearly a year and im so so happy with it. gets great compliments as well.

go get it already! IMG_5219.JPG

ras47 and fskywalker like this.
  13. joedel87 Feb 16, 2015

Alright guys. Ive made the purchase! Im in quite the predicament. I told myself I'd get rid of 2 watches to pay for this purchase. Im getting rid of my speedy reduced. In addition- Im having trouble deciding between getting rid of my tudor black bay or Nomos Tangente Gangreserve. Both are great but one has to go! I am open to suggestions.

14. ketiljo Feb 16, 2015

Sell the one that's the easiest to replace in case you change your mind.

JV1V likes this.
  15. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 16, 2015

I think it's a great watch it's a speedy but it also unique as it's has a moonphase. It's a great looking watch ( my next purchase will probably be one ;)

16. shoota70 Feb 17, 2015

nice work buddy!

get some pics up so you can get your membership card!!

17. Nickpturner Mar 30, 2015

Hi Guys, This is my first step into the world of Omega Speedy's - I've just ordered this watch (3576.50.00) but wondered if anyone else had recently purchased one and if so, did it come in the all singing all dancing presentation box with paperweight and velcro strap etc..., or the standard Omega box? Thanks in advance!

marcuscarcus likes this.
  18. bacaitlin Mar 30, 2015

I had one. Initially was in love with it. Then over time, like many have said above, the chrono second hand blocks the moonphase and/or date. I also came to dislike the stainless steel rings around the sub-dials. I eventually traded it away.

19. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Mar 31, 2015

Bought mine from @Kringkily. I love it. Yes, things get blocked sometimes, but it never fails to draw a compliment. Send him a PM and he can certainly source one for you. You will find his prices as good or better than any on line site. And he is a fellow member.

20. joedel87 Sep 27, 2015

I think with any obsession, the collector usually sets his sights on bigger and better things.. Much like what what was mentioned earlier, Ive grown tired with it. I think I may trade it away. The moonphase its such a fascinating complication, yet I very rarely find myself actually using it. Being a collector, I find myself growing and discovering new watches with new stories- which, to me is the biggest draw of collecting anything. What do you guys think? Ive yet to find anything that is 100% satisfactory.