Forums Latest Members
  1. Whag Jun 21, 2014

Dear members,

Thanks for helping me with the seamaster 30.

I continue my search for a nice Omega military watch. I found on Ebay the following Omega watch I like:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/OMEGA-Milita...Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item19ef1bbb53&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I have checked the serial and case number and they date the watch back to 1965. The case number is inline with the layout of the watch. However what I find strange is the military back case engraving W.W.B. It seems not usual, since most Omegas carry the engraving W.W.W.

Does anyone have a clue on this? Or is this again frankinwatch?

Thanks again.

Wh

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 21, 2014

110% fake. kind regards. achim

3. Siac Jun 21, 2014

Hi Achim,

Don't doubt you, just wondered the reasons it's fake?

So newbies can learn from your advice.

Cheers

4. Whag Jun 21, 2014

Thanks Siac and Achim.

Achim I am also curious what makes it fake?

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 21, 2014

Not a fake Omega, but the markings on the watch certainly don't look correct. The dial is nice and clean. This would be almost impossible on an issued WWII era UK WWW watch, as they were just loaded with radium which will burn the dial over a long period of time (say 70+ years).

If you really want to learn about military watches, I suggest you subscribe to a specialized forum on the subject.

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Main-Forum

Also, you might want to consider staying away from eBay and random internet retailers and stick with the sales forum on MWR. In my experience, internet dealers get taken in by fake military markings as often as the general public. You really need guidance from experts on these or you will get burned.

I'm not an expert in this area, but Achim certainly is.
    gatorcpa

6. Whag Jun 21, 2014

Thanks for your kind advice. I have searched a lot of watches last few days, since I am trying to find a well priced Omega military. Until now my search has only resulted in fake watches. It looks like most of them have been either composed out of different parts or are redone.

If you or anybody else can suggest a nice authentic omega military for sale; I would be surely interested.

Regards

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 21, 2014

A "well priced Omega military" is an oxymoron. These are quite rare and priced accordingly. That's why they are faked so often.

I would recommend you repeat your request only after you've acquired your own comfort level regarding what is and is not genuine. That might take a couple of months or even years.

I'm telling you, this is a quicksand pit. Please don't get taken.
    gatorcpa

Habitant likes this.
  8. Traveler Jun 21, 2014

alexdmeister likes this.
  9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 21, 2014

pls. send a link to the exact watch. not the site in general. and to whag`s question: just everything is wrong. and, yes, MWR is a good starting point for learning. or ask here. W.W.B. is actually funny..... W.W.W. would be much better. that case; mvmt., repaint dial;hands; everything was never used in mil. watches. and WW 2 is a bit early for laser engravings...... kind regards. achim

10. Traveler Jun 22, 2014

Sorry about the link. Just registered with WWR, looks great. Thanks for the suggestion.