Forums Latest Members
  1. Walviskroket Oct 25, 2018

Hi guys,

What is your opinion about a 1380 mesh bracelet for a Speedmaster? Can you still buy them from Omega?

[​IMG]

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2018

If you mean 1380/237, yes still available from Omega.

Cheers, Al

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. Walviskroket Oct 25, 2018

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2018

Things like bracelets can often be bought for less than they sell for on eBay or from third party resellers by buying them directly from an Omega AD or Boutique. But just like you didn't check with an AD or Boutique for availability and pricing, I guess whoever bought that one didn't bother checking either...

5. Walviskroket Oct 25, 2018

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2018

Nothing in that post indicates that they are no longer available from Omega. At the end of 2015 Omega stopped selling parts to third party resellers like Cousins in the UK, Otto Frei in the US, and others all over the world. Their supply of parts were drying up, and that's where people were buying their parts from. All along those places were often charging more than Omega would charge for the same parts, but people kept recommending them as places to buy from, and people kept following those recommendations blindly.

Very few ever bothered to ask their local AD or Boutique, but since those parts were never restricted parts, anyone could buy them from the AD or OB. So again people believe what they see written as you have, without actually contacting Omega directly to find out the real answer. I don't know why people do this, but I suspect you can explain it better than I can...

Cheers, Al

BrianMcKay and heavenscloud like this.
  7. Walviskroket Oct 25, 2018

Well, guess it was a little naive :) As a generation Y, the internet is my main resource... Couldn't find it anywhere, in combination with the post that they are very hard to find I assumed that they where discontinued.