Forums Latest Members

Omega Mark II-chronograph not working, lost warranty card

1. bz0123 Jan 1, 2018

I have an 8-month old Mark II. Today I noticed the second hand on the chronograph is not starting correctly. It will a take a few beats to start then get stuck in place for few beats here and there.

I went to pull out the warranty card, and I can't find the sleeve with the warranty card and the other two (?) cards. I still have my receipt from the authorized dealer. Will I still be able to have the watch serviced under warranty? What happens when the card is lost? It is also insured for any damage.

2. Caliber561 Jan 1, 2018

I think the warranty card is specifically for the international warranty, correct?
    In that case, I do not think you need the warranty card in order to send the watch to a domestic service center. In any scenario, you will probably want to phone up your nearest service center so they can verify the process.

3. bz0123 Jan 1, 2018

I thought you needed the card for v any service? As an American under the Swiss warranty, wouldn't it be international?

4. jakeh417 Jan 1, 2018

I would call the AD and explain your situation and see if they can send in the warranty work to Omega for you. Or if a Omega Boutique is closer you can give them a call and see what they say.

5. Caliber561 Jan 1, 2018

I think it depends on where you bought the watch.

6. bz0123 Jan 1, 2018

It was an authorized dealer in California.

I contacted them, and they said they would try to help.

It seems a little ridiculous you need cards in this day and age.

MaiLollo likes this.
  7. sdre Jan 1, 2018

I had a planet ocean which I lost the warranty card many years ago. I went to the AD and they took it in and serviced it without question. Apparently all the serial numbers are stored in their database so no issue whatsoever.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 2, 2018

My POC has a similar issue after a short fall of about 3 inches onto a marble counter. Walked into an OB and they never asked for the card purchased from an AD.

9. akshayluc420 Jan 2, 2018

If the receipt has the correct serial number and the date, they must honour the warranty terms irrespective of the actual card.

BTW, which movement does your Mkii have? Is it the Manual Wind 861 or the newer automatic 3330? The latter has some known issues (plenty of info in the forums here), and I believe can now be more quickly diagnosed and repaired.

10. bz0123 Jan 2, 2018

It is the newer automatic.

11. bz0123 Jan 2, 2018

Any guesses on what could cause this issue?

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 2, 2018

Well, based on this...

If the watch is not stopping entirely when the chronograph seconds hand gets "stuck in place for a few beats here and there" then my SWAG would be that the adjustment of the oscillating pinion to the teeth of the chronograph wheel is too shallow.

Cheers, Al

akshayluc420 likes this.
  13. mayankyadav Jan 2, 2018

[QUOTE It seems a little ridiculous you need cards in this day and age.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too. dealer who sold the watch should enter the serial no in an Omega database that is accessed by Omega ADs world wide which should help you in claiming the warranty anywhere and not care about the receipt or warranty card ( which is mostly not filled by dealers anyway).

14. bz0123 Jan 2, 2018

My thoughts too. dealer who sold the watch should enter the serial no in an Omega database that is accessed by Omega ADs world wide which should help you in claiming the warranty anywhere and not care about the receipt or warranty card ( which is mostly not filled by dealers anyway).[/QUOTE]

Ad is taking care the repair process. I just to get it shipped.

15. thatonewatchdude Jan 2, 2018

As long as you can extract the sales receipt, and state that it is an authorized dealer you purchased the watch from the warranty will then possibly be of assistance once the watchmakers have done their diagnostics on the timepiece and ruled out that the issue you claim is actually due to the watch itself and not user error. Wish the best for you amigo and have a great one.

16. bz0123 Jan 2, 2018

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll let you know how the repair goes. Hope it doesn't take too long.