Forums Latest Members
  1. dragoman Apr 18, 2018

This Omega Marine CK679 has just sold at the Bay for 1075 USD

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Om...gAWjHlVjLVpGZr99slZMo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I could not bid due to the restrictions to foreign bidders imposed by the Global Shipping Programme.
    My knowledge of this reference is really limited, and I was expecting it to go for quite a lot more money, and was ready to bid accordingly.

Was it, then, a blessing in disguise that the system blocked my bid, or did I miss a bargain?

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 18, 2018

Not a bargain to my mind, but that model isn't a focus of mine, either.

dragoman likes this.
  3. Rman Apr 18, 2018

Appears to be a redial.

Dr No, gemini4 and dragoman like this.
  4. chipsotoole Apr 18, 2018

For that price I'd expect it to be in much better overall shape. I don't like the obvious clean circle around the word Omega either.

dragoman likes this.
  5. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Apr 18, 2018

Well, ... ::book:: polished case, broken and missing clasp, probable redial not matching the non-luminous hands ... Certainly not a bargain, I see even not a base for a project.
    By the way, the seller's description was incorrect, it is not an original band and clasp, both are some 40 years younger than the Watch (the original déployant buckle is IMHO worth more than the final selling price)! Could be a basis for return + refund.

The original buckle (that was on a water resistant seal leather strap) :

[​IMG]

6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Apr 18, 2018

It would be a real bargain to have one in a good condition for that price...

dragoman likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 19, 2018

100% redial. price seems right to me; can be fixed. kind regards. achim

Tire-comedon and dragoman like this.
  8. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Apr 19, 2018

Hi Achim,
    You would need to find a clasp (not the band buckle but the clasp on the back that keeps the two parts of the case together) to fix the case (and possibly an original dial, but it isn’t the major concern). I can hardly imagine a donnor for such case part. You would then need to dind one in a worse condition but with such part, disassemble it and re-solder it on this case.
    And if you find one and suceed to solder it at the right place, the end result would be a polished restored case, non original dialed marine. Probably less expensive to buy one in a better condition.

dragoman likes this.
  9. dragoman Apr 19, 2018

Well, for once it seems that the Global shipping programme did me a favour yesterday.

I didn't see the broken clasp, and the other problems did not bother me a lot, as this was outside my collecting interest, it was going to be a funny addition.

A fool and his money, and all that jazz...

10. 77deluxe Apr 19, 2018

+1 not a bargain

dragoman likes this.
  11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 19, 2018

yes, it is a project. 12 years ago we had the same problem. and had manufactured that clasp and laser welded to the case. which worked fine. was around $ 350. and maybe it is better to wait for a nicer example. but these get hard to find. and the dial can be repainted by Causemann in germany, who used to have the original font for that dial. and he is not cheap either. so, $ 1600 and a lot of waiting time for a re modeled omega..... maybe not worth it. kind regards. achim

Mark020, Tire-comedon and dragoman like this.
  12. tdn-dk Apr 19, 2018

13. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Apr 19, 2018

Interesting, I never considered refabricating a clasp. It makes the project easier and less expansive. Do you have pictures to show how it looked?

Same issue with the broken and missing clasp...

watchyouwant likes this.
  14. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 19, 2018

hi

I always loved the early marine... wish i had a dial for one.....

gota dig mine out...
    best

bill

watchyouwant and dragoman like this.
  15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 20, 2018

i had a computer hack 2 years ago and everything was locked for a ransom. i decided to buy a new laptop and not to pay the hackers. when i have time to have the old one broken in, i will have the pics. get back to you then. looked exactly as the original one. kind regards. achim

Tire-comedon likes this.