Forums Latest Members
  1. haute11 May 23, 2013

Hi, I just took delivery this watch and would appreciate any information that anyone can provide. It is a Louis Brandt, 166.0300 18ct.
    I have searched the internet but nothing comes up, hence would be interested in any info. Thanks Omega.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 23, 2013

Ah I'm guessing its this one from Bonhams?

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20746/lot/277/

Its a nice piece actually, the movement is an ETA base which is very simple, reliable, and most importantly cheap to service with near limitless parts availability. That's actually a very nice thing about ETA. The case and dial are the important parts. These watches are finished to a very high standard, and at 34.5mm its a traditional dress watch size, very well matches for a formal occasion or a business suit.

3. haute11 May 23, 2013

Thanks. I really appreciate your info - I find it quite attractive as well as either a dress watch or worn with a suit. Would you know aywhere I may be able to find a product sheet on this watch - I am surprised that even scouring net with the model number produces nothing. Do you know if this was a limited edition? Thanks

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 23, 2013

The Louis Brandt watches were never made in large numbers, so there simply aren't many out there. Their model numbering system and serial numbering system also is a bit weird compared to most Omegas. Being 1990s its likely to be a bit hard finding any product sheets on it, they were likely paper copy originally.

5. haute11 May 23, 2013

Thanks again for the info - much appreciated.