Forums Latest Members
  1. LiquidMetal Jul 19, 2020

Please can you advise me:

I own an Omega LiquidMetal limited edition watch. It was gifted to me by my wife and it is very special to me.

We bought the watch from an authorised dealer, Keane’s Jewellers, in Limerick, Ireland.

Last November I went swimming in Portugal and came out of the water and discovered the LiquidMetal ceramic bezel was gone. On my return to Ireland I went straight to Keane’s Jewellers to get it fixed.

This is where the problem started, they took 2 months to come back to me with a repair estimate. The estimate changed 3 times. I called numerous times and eventually the watch was repaired, and I was prepared to pay for it. I went to collect the watch and I noticed immediately that the replaced bezel was not the original LiquidMetal bezel but a bezel from the standard watch. I explained to the store manager and he said he would get back to me. I found this hard to understand how the store manager did not spot this. I felt like I was trying to be fooled and this made me very suspicious and to add insult to injury I am now being asked to pay €600 for the incorrect part!

My issue is not about the money. I don’t even care if the part was issued free of charge, it is unacceptable to me as it is the wrong part.

Again, the follow up communication was terrible, and I had to call them numerous times to find out what was going on. Eventually they forwarded an official email from Omega stating the part that was fitted to my watch was the replacement part. Again, I am suspicious that it took so long to get an official word from omega…

I told them I was not happy with this outcome and to get back to me with a definitive answer which they did 2 weeks ago saying that there is nothing that they can do. This has taken 4 months. They confirmed they cannot supply the correct bezel.

Unfortunately, I cannot accept this as the bezel was the unique part of the watch and why it was a limited edition. As per your advertisement and which I will quote from ‘will retain its striking appearance indefinitely’ and will last ‘forever’ These are the words I have picked from your advertisements for the watch.

As you can understand I have now have a situation where my watch has become worthless and this is totally unacceptable. It cannot be passed onto my son or even sold. You have made my limited edition watch a fake.

Thoughts on how to handle this?

2. Dedlock Jul 19, 2020

Send your watch to Omega through an official OB or an AD.

You don't pay this watch shop as they didn't replace it with the correct part no matter what they say they're in the wrong.

Take this message and send it the Omega as an official complaint, with pictures and details of the watch, including receipts and authentication cards.

Stripey likes this.
  3. LiquidMetal Jul 19, 2020

Thank you for the helpful comment. Is there a customer service email that I can send the complaint to? I sent the original complaint to [email protected]

May as well start at the top!

4. Dor_42 Jul 19, 2020

I contacted them once thru the "Contact Us" form on their site, it took a couple of days but I received the information I needed.

5. Fatcat Jul 19, 2020

Week direct to the top , it will work kicking asses to the bottom now, not really convinced it is usefull but should work, Reynald is only about customers .

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 19, 2020

Please list the exact model you have, and I'll check to make sure the bezel is still available...

7. thatonewatchdude Jul 19, 2020

do you have photos of your timepiece? Did the jeweler say they were handling the servicing or did they convey to you that they are sending the timepiece to Omega?

OmegaP99 likes this.
  8. LiquidMetal Jul 20, 2020

Hi Archer, the model is the Seamaster Planet Ocean LiquidMetal Limited Edition 222.30.42.20.01.001

Thanks for the help on this.

9. LiquidMetal Jul 20, 2020

They said they ordered the part and fitted it themselves.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2020

Okay the bezel for this watch is still available, and isn't something that requires you to send the old part back to get a new one.

Did they give you an invoice for the part they are trying to charge you for? If so, it should list the part number of the bezel, and this is the part number for the bezel that should be on your watch:

082CC2102 | STEEL BEZ.CERAMIC RING LQMT

So unless the invoice has the part 082CC2102 on it, they are trying to pull something by the looks of it. If you have photos of the watch with the new bezel, please post them.

Cheers, Al

OmegaP99, tumbler, Dedlock and 3 others like this.
  11. LiquidMetal Jul 20, 2020

I have attached the detail they sent me. I do not have the watch but I will go back into the jewellers and take a photo. Thanks again for the help.
    Dave

D9E1C0C0-BB5A-46E2-B944-2E81B8B25334.jpeg 3D599AEF-413A-4210-A426-843288DAB033.jpeg
  12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 20, 2020

Tell them to give you the watch back, without the bezel, don’t pay them, take the watch to an Omega store and start they will figure out the rest.

marco likes this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2020

Please ask them for the part number they bought to put on the watch...

14. Dedlock Jul 20, 2020

When you were saying liquid metal I suspected it was a Gen 1 PO!, oh gosh you have a Classic watch take it away from them pronto!

15. LiquidMetal Jul 20, 2020

Thanks for the help everyone. I am going to go back into the jewellers and get a photo and the part number...stay tuned!

OmegaP99 likes this.
  16. ViperStripes Jul 23, 2020

Lovely watch, another one to add to my wish list.

17. OmegaP99 Jul 23, 2020

These kinds of stories are maddening. When a shop collectively decides they can't see how utterly wrong this behavior is, and fails to correct it, is just surreal. I wonder what the shop owner would say if you asked him if this would be good enough for him?
    I'm very curious to hear Omega's response to you, and I'm curious if they will admonish this shop in any way as they seem to have tried to brush blame off on Omega corporate!

18. LiquidMetal Jul 26, 2020

Quick update!

Both Omega and the shop owner have been onto me and are co-ordinating a fix. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I will keep you updated.

Wetworks, DSotW, pascs and 4 others like this.
  19. OmegaP99 Jul 26, 2020

Maybe they found this thread! In any event please keep us updated. No Omegan left behind!

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2020

Good news.

Did you find out what part number they had ordered initially, and were trying to get you to pay for?