Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega large manual wind pink gold

1. hockey Nov 25, 2013

For sale is an uncommon manual wind Omega from approx. 1951 in a large pink gold plated case.
    I looked for a long time to find this one, only one or two examples come up for sale each year. But, I need the money . . .
    Watch is in very good condition and the movement is pristine.
    Central Watch case Ref# 2501-1, 37.5mm diameter excluding crown, 44mm lug-to-lug. Very good condition, absolutely no wear through on the thick 80 micron pink gold plating. The thick layer of gold is rolled on to the case and was designed to last the life of the watch. It clearly has.
    White, silvered dial dominated by large sub seconds dial, slight signs of aging marked "SWISS MADE" below 6 o'clock. Under certain angle, lots of little micro pin prick marks on the laquer surface. This is normal aging for a 60 year-old dial. This dial is better than most original dials I have seen.
    Hands are excellent.
    Movement is pristine, serviced, winds smoothly, sets time perfectly and keeps excellent time.
    Brown Genuine Alligator strap with Genuine gold-plated Omega buckle.
    Asking $900 obo. PayPal accepted, no fees. Shipping at my cost, varies depending on your location and chosen method.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

kyle L likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Nov 25, 2013

This won't last long.

3. CdnWatchDoc Nov 25, 2013

Interesting wear pattern on the back...was that from dragging it off the wrist of the last owner?!;)

4. hockey Nov 25, 2013

What!!?? That is the original finish on the case. Many 60 year old gold watches have their original finish long removed due to excessive wear/over-polishing. This is one way to see how nice of a case this one has.

5. Sprob Nov 25, 2013

PM sent!

6. heman By the Power of Greyskull! Nov 25, 2013

aww Sprob got it! congrats! luckily my wrists are too small for this watch or I'd be in tears

7. hockey Nov 25, 2013

SOLD

8. Sprob Nov 25, 2013

Thanks heman, I have these horrible chunky wrists so I'm always on the lookout for the jumbos!

9. ulackfocus Nov 25, 2013

Rob is turning into quite the vintage vacuum. ;)

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 25, 2013

Less than one hour :eek:.......58 minutes to be exact.... what is our best record? 20 minutes?

11. CdnWatchDoc Nov 25, 2013

Wow! less time than a couple of periods of hockey!! He shoots and scores!!

[​IMG]

12. Sprob Nov 25, 2013

Yes, well, I'm new at this, and am just making the transition from mindless, joyful, unfettered acquisition toward a more nuanced and semi-disciplined purchasing pattern. Maybe some others here have been down that road. Anyway, I now have the skeleton of a Collection and look forward to defining my purchasing objectives and then abandoning them when something new and exciting pops up.

So far I have a nice 60/40 Longines/Omega split. Following advice gleaned from this forum I think I've been able to stay out of major trouble with my purchases. Thanks again to all here, and particularly to Dennis, for the generous advice and enablement. This is great.

Matty01 likes this.
  13. ulackfocus Nov 25, 2013

Another satisfied (and well enabled) customer of ΩF! ::jumpy::

ps - this is the kind of karma the Watch Gods want before they bestow watches upon you.