Omega jumbo from second-hand store, worth it?

Hello to you all chad watch enjoyers, I recently bought a vintage Omega jumbo from a second hand store (I have one month as a return period -no questions asked-) for 800 euro (850 usd), and I have a couple of questions about it. It as announced as a gold watch. This is my first omega watch and also the first high-end watch.

Upon further inspection, I noticed a couple of details that make me frown, although some may very well be due to poor servicing, since the watch is over 60 years, and the history of it is just missing.

I bought it as "Vintage Omega gold watch", period. And just the watch came in, in a generic box with no documentation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTOS

REBtfbh.jpg

HmXf0nE.jpg

IwUH6zc.jpg

Krbz1dS.jpg

AoFYZay.jpg
In this one you can see the misaligment of some hour markers.

l8qr9bw.jpg

HpfbqUc.jpg

P19mDn8.jpg

CSrFXpz.jpg

8YLfJzg.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The back looks polished and has a very light remained of an engraving, that reads: 0.750 inside a square, and a number below it (926759)

Details:

1.- The hour and minute hands do not match in their placement, when the minute hand is at 30, the hour one is at 3/4 parts of the hour interval.

2.- The Omega logo is not a perfect drawn logo, it has a pink undertone under it, like 2 logos overlapped. May be a redial, not sure.

3.- Hour markers are a bit misaligned, I am not sure if this was normal at the year this watch was made, also pointing to a redial.

4.- When I took it off the first day, and tugged at the straps against my wrist to take it off, the crystal just "popped off". Tried a bit to get it in again, but since it seems to require uniform force around the borders of it, I stopped to avoid any possible damage. Im just kepping it over the case.

Questions about it:

1.- Did not found a full matching model online, what is the exact model number/name for this one?

2.- I have not found omega jumbo replicas online, but is this one a replica, or just a redial/repaired one?

3.-Is it really a gold watch? I do not know about plating, since the scratches in the back still have a gold color, not a gray one or anything.

4.- I have a rubber ball, is this back screw back? Should I give a try to open it, to check the machinary inside?

5.- And the final and most important one, is it worth it to keep it, or should I just return it and avoid the hassle, and wait for a better condition one?

I like the watch and loved using it the first day, but if I am overpaying for it, I would prefer to just return it and wait for another good chance to own an Omega.

P.S.: I am from a small city in Spain, so Im not so sure about finding a proper watchmaker that won't do more harm than even I could.
I also will be going to sleep soon, so I won't be able to reply immediately, but I will come back to the replies tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I can’t tell you exactly what this is, but I can tell you what it isn’t: an Omega worth 800 Euros.

That dial is dubious, the hands (as you note) are misaligned, the case is polished heavily, and without a movement picture… well, who knows. I wouldn’t open it, as you don’t want to void the return. It may be a real Omega that someone has seriously messed with—I don’t know—but you can do better.

I didn't read the whole post, but the dial is no good. And obviously there are other problems. It's not a good watch, but it does appear to be gold.

Yes it is a redial. Would not be a keeper for me. You'd have to get the caseback off to see if it is hallmarked on the inside if there isn't a gold mark on the outside, usually the back of the lugs. It's a snap off though which is hard to open. If you can return it I would

I can’t tell you exactly what this is, but I can tell you what it isn’t: an Omega worth 800 Euros.

That dial is dubious, the hands (as you note) are misaligned, the case is polished heavily, and without a movement picture… well, who knows. I wouldn’t open it, as you don’t want to void the return. It may be a real Omega that someone has seriously messed with—I don’t know—but you can do better.

I didn't read the whole post, but the dial is no good. And obviously there are other problems. It's not a good watch, but it does appear to be gold.

Yes it is a redial. Would not be a keeper for me. You'd have to get the caseback off to see if it is hallmarked on the inside if there isn't a gold mark on the outside, usually the back of the lugs. It's a snap off though which is hard to open. If you can return it I would

Following your advice, I started the return process. I had a gut feeling that it was more trouble than it is worth, even having a gold case, and your replies just confirmed it.

Thanks a lot for the help!

That ghost of an 18kt marking is a tell. I don't believe that Omega marked the exteriors of their own case backs with the fineness. The watch could have been sold in a South American market as an Omega movement within a case produced in a South American nation.

That ghost of an 18kt marking is a tell. I don't believe that Omega marked the exteriors of their own case backs with the fineness. The watch could have been sold in a South American market as an Omega movement within a case produced in a South American nation.

Agreed. That case is most likely a generic one, not Omega.