Forums Latest Members
  1. Bluemartinifan Feb 22, 2015

Hi All, new here - I hope it is OK to ask forum members if anyone has or can advise where to find a Jumbo with a 30t2 or 265 cal. I am open to stainless or gold.
    Thank you!
    Russ in Dallas

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 22, 2015

There are a few models that are 37.5mm in size (ref. 2505 being the most plentiful one and typically seen in stainless steel and occasionally solid gold cases) and 2 models that are 39mm in size (AFAIK came only in stainless steel or gold plated/plaque cases).

Best source is still eBay but the vast majority of these models listed there are not good examples - refinished dials, overpolished cases and crappy movements. Every so often something comes up for sale in the sales forum here.

3. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Feb 22, 2015

All of the best ones (along with the early oversize Longines with 12.68 movements) seem to be in private hands or dealers in Europe, at least going by instagram pictures. Here is one from a dealer in the Netherlands: http://www.carsandwatches.com/omega-calatrava-oversize/ It fulfills everything that you're looking for and it's an uncommon dial, but I would say it's overpriced. I might be convinced to buy it at that price only if the dial was in perfect condition, but alas...

x105632-6e2e27f770fc3641b3a9fcf57ab9d8b4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bcvsBHf7Dy.jpg

4. Bluemartinifan Feb 24, 2015

Thats a beauty - I had not seen the red numbering. I just bought 2 jumbos. A 10 mil from Tim Mackrain (Omega Addict) that is a redial with new hands and serviced (not original but beautiful). The 2nd is a 16 mil from a collector in Great Britian with orig dial and hands. I should have both in a few weeks and will post pics!
    Russ

NT931 and noelekal like this.
  5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 24, 2015

My reservation with this watch is the case appears to have been heavily polished.