Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega jumbo 2505-6 38mm with guilloche dial

1. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 8, 2017

Hi gang,

I picked this up not long ago, but it's a catch and release to me, as nice as it is wear.

I'm trying to learn more about these jumbo watches, so please forgive me if I miss anything or get something wrong in the description.

Reference: 2505-6
    Diameter: 38mm
    Lug Size: 18mm (the strap is 19mm as I don't have any spare 18mm straps). The brown (19mm) strap is included in the sale at no additional charge, though I'm happy to keep it if you don't want it.
    Movement number: 11,340,15x (Mr. Maddox's site puts that at around 1947-1950)
    Case material: stainless steel. looks like it has been polished in it's life, but still looks fine to me.
    Dial: guilloche (with gold (coloured?) markers and hands. the dial shows some discoloration. have a close look at the pics, especially around the 1 o'clock marker to see what I'm talking about. Maybe it was cleaned chemically? However I believe it is original (not repainted). There are a few marks as you can see in the pics.
    Crown: replacement I think, but signed Omega

The movement would probably benefit from a service if you plan to wear this little baby. It was not serviced while with me, and I bought it from a seller on eBay.

Here's the pics

movement.JPG
    This pic of the movement is from the ebay listing. I don't feel comfortable taking the caseback off myself, but I can get my watch guy to remove it if you want to see more pics.

The following pics were all taken by me tonight.
    PICS2214.JPG PICS2215.JPG PICS2216.JPG PICS2217.JPG PICS2218.JPG PICS2219.JPG PICS2220.JPG PICS2221.JPG PICS2222.JPG PICS2223.JPG PICS2224.JPG PICS2225.JPG PICS2226.JPG PICS2227.JPG PICS2228.JPG PICS2229.JPG

The wrist shots below are my 7.25 inch wrist. It's a really nice size to wear.

PICS2230.JPG PICS2231.JPG

The watch is with me in Toronto, Canada. I will ship to almost anywhere in the world, but reserve the right to not ship to some countries at my sole discretion.

I'm offering this watch for sale as is. Returns only if misrepresented. Look at the pics as they are the best way to assess the watch and it's condition. I am not an expert in these older watches and all their intimate details, but I am trying to be transparent about that.

I'm asking $650 USD payable through PayPal, ideally at no cost to me, but I'm open to a fair deal. I will split the shipping with you right down the middle (and will provide proof of cost should you want it).

Please feel free to PM me any questions you might have.

Thanks!

Joel

Spacefruit, Vitezi, GregH and 7 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 9, 2017

and now sold. Thanks OF for the space, and to all the awesome members here. Watching is staying in the family. Woot!

Davidt, bigsom, Jwit and 1 other person like this.