Forums Latest Members
  1. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Hello Omega Fans,

I was wondering if any one could tell me any more details about this particular Omega.

A. Is it a Seamaster Tresor?
    B. What are the original hands (Dauphine Rose/Pink Gold) and what model if someone knows.
    C. is it possible to revert back to the original hands without much work or is this best left to a professional.
    D. I don't seem to find much information on this particular watch anywhere on the inter web.

I've listed all the information i could gather about it below and wondered if anyone could elaborate on this.

thank you very much for your time.

Case Reference
    2482 - 1
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Automatic (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 332
    Created in 1949
    17 jewels
    Subsecond hand
    Functions
    Subsecond
    Case
    Gold-filled
    Case back
    Press-in
    Dial
    Not available
    Crystal
    Hesalite
    Bracelet
    Leather
    Water resistance

No

$T2eC16V,!zMFIcF)D!llBSbpMH4+3Q~~60_57-1.JPG $(KGrHqF,!okFJn)11QIDBSbpM,zO)g~~60_3.JPG $(KGrHqR,!l4FJYe5M(z)BSbpMe1Ikw~~60_57-2.JPG $(KGrHqF,!qcFJkru7d)bBSbpM(nU)!~~60_57.JPG

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 17, 2013

Dial's been redone as well, marked as T T for tritium when it has none.

Ohmega3000 likes this.
  3. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Thats correct!

4. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Well so it said when i bought it about the redone surface i meant thanks for your quick reply!

5. John R Smith Nov 17, 2013

In answer to some of your questions -

Your watch is not a Seamaster, nor is it a Tresor.

The serial number dates the movement to ca 1951

At this date, the dauphine (dagger) hands would be correct. The hands have to be correct for the movement (3xx series) and also the correct length for your dial. But your dial seems to be wrong in several ways - no 'Automatic' script below 'Omega', 'T' marks either side of 'Swiss Made' and it could also have the minute track in the wrong position. At this date the track is more likely to be inside the hour batons (see the illustration in the OVD for 2482). Whether it is worth putting all of this to rights is a matter for you to decide, of course.

Ohmega3000 likes this.
  6. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Wow! thanks for all that extra information it kinda all makes more sense now, I'll buzz back if i have any further
    reports on trying to rectify this particular watch I'd like to revert it back to its original form if possible, I'm seeing that
    might be a lot of work but for An Omega i think its worth the effort. thank you again John.

7. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Wow! thanks for all that extra information it kinda all makes more sense now, I'll buzz back if i have any further
    reports on trying to rectify this particular watch I'd like to revert it back to its original form if possible, I'm seeing that
    might be a lot of work but for An Omega i think its worth the effort. thank you again John.

Sorry to be a complete Lemonhead, :)

where do i find the illustration in the OVD for 2482 somewhere on this Forum I'm guessing but what particular section there seems to be tons of information to shift through.
    thanks again!

8. John R Smith Nov 17, 2013

Ohmega3000 likes this.
  9. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Found the OVD for 2482 thank you, just had to use my brain & the search engine..lol
    soon!

10. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Ok, thanks once again, Just wondering if theres some way to get it back to its original form, the OVD say's the dial is unavailable
    which obviously doesn't make me feel great but I could always just find a dial of similar character to the original if i every find out what it looked like and replace it i guess. anyways seems like a real mission I've under taken but i think thats the challenge thats worth it.

ciao

11. John R Smith Nov 17, 2013

The OVD means that information regarding the dial is unavailable. But finding a dial to suit this case reference is most improbable.

Here is a 2482 more or less correct -

2482-1.jpg

But probably a redial (although more accurate) and wrong crown, in this case.

Ohmega3000 likes this.
  12. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Well it's a start I'm going to spend today in search of a suitable dial i guess. now that you have helped resolve some
    of my queries I'll be on my way. but thanks so much for the expert help!
    best
    J

13. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 17, 2013

14. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

15. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

I see it says Original Dial, great stuff! I'm on the look out to change mine back to whatever original state it was
    but i think thats going to be hard to know what the dial actually looked like before, shame really.
    Nice watch you sold though. thanks for sharing.

16. CdnWatchDoc Nov 17, 2013

Ohmega3000 likes this.
  17. Ohmega3000 Nov 17, 2013

Definitely a Beautiful time piece you have acquired there Norm. I admire the lugs shape & rose gold tint as well as a few other feature that this particular bumper/hammer series has. I wore mine for the first time last night for a dinner and you can tell people really are fascinated by its elegance.

cheers anyway for sharing all this information. (Everyone) as I go forward in completing my dream watch customisation I'll post on its progress every now and again. :)