Forums Latest Members
  1. hinkle Aug 31, 2017

Hello,
    Can I ask for the indentification of the attached watches? I assume 40' .....
    Thank you.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 31, 2017

Do you have a photo of the inside of the case back?

3. kreyke Aug 31, 2017

This will be interesting I think.

efauser likes this.
  4. Vitezi Aug 31, 2017

5. EdtheAussie Aug 31, 2017

Hey Hinkle,

It's a nice looking piece, but i know nothing about these types of watches.

What is the story behind the watch, any more background information?

6. mac_omega Sep 1, 2017

It is a pilot´s chronograph with caliber 33.3 inside.

all looks genuine...

in case you want to sell it send me a private message , I would be interested :)

chronos likes this.
  7. hinkle Sep 1, 2017

Here it is.

image.jpeg
  8. hinkle Sep 1, 2017

Above Telemetre, there is Tachymetre in blue. It is almost faded away, difficult to photograph.

9. ConElPueblo Sep 1, 2017

Now that's a nice old Omega :)

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2017

Damn, that’s rather serious

11. Chrono Frick Sep 1, 2017

Hi
    It ist the same pilots that I purchased from Chile with similar numbers also from the 40's. I'd be also interested to buy but after mac_omega.
    Regards

12. Ritzwatch Sep 1, 2017

Wha, wha, what is going on here? "Can I ask...? Here it is...?". C'mon man, I don't even know exactly what I am looking at, but I know enough to start getting excited! Tell us the story! This has gotta be fun.

13. hinkle Sep 2, 2017

Well the true story is that had these in my drawer for 12 years. They originally belonged to my grandpa who passed away 27 ago. The only thing I know he got them either 44 -45 or shortly after war.
    I know literally nothing about vintage Omega and simply wanted to know what I have.

14. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 2, 2017

Its a rare watch and looks in superb condition, these pilots watches are really quite rare now and its nice to see one with what appears to be the original dial. I would have called dibs on it if @mac_omega hadn't as they come up very rarely but I don't have the funds at the moment.

Its a pilots calibre 33.3 chronograph, this was one of Omegas first wrist chronographs along side its sibling the calibre 33.3, they are really quite rare in any configuration but this is the most sought after after the early enamel mono pusher variants

OP, you have a rare, valuable and special thing, @mac_omega is a top guy and has a great knowledge on these so if you are looking to move it on Id suggest you do it here in the community, a dealer will just offer you bottom dollar and then make a big profit

If you really want more information drop me a message and I can sign post you to relevant research material on your watch

Best wishes Tom

15. Ritzwatch Sep 2, 2017

That's what I'm talking about! This is a neat watch by itself, but Granddad's watch from a drawer? That is really neat. What a cool connection.

My advice would be to take advantage of the offers these guys are making for you to reach out to them and learn more about this watch. You may decide to sell this for the nice sum it will bring, or you may decide to service the watch and wear it on occasion . These guys can give you solid advice in either event.

Curious, was your grandfather an aviator in the war?

16. hinkle Sep 3, 2017

No, he was not. Technician in weapon production/heavy machinery industry.

Ritzwatch likes this.
  17. hinkle Sep 4, 2017

Tried to get an extract from Omega. Unfortunately for the Ser.No. the information cannot be provided. Missing/unreadable or has not survied.

18. Ritzwatch Sep 4, 2017

You Sure? Looking at your movement pic at around 4 o'clock, I think I think I see a SN.

19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 4, 2017

He's saying it's one of the serial numbers that there's no extract available.

20. Ritzwatch Sep 4, 2017

Why, yes he is. I really need not post after staying up too late watching CFB. ::shy::