Forums Latest Members

'Omega Genuine Leather' straps on ebay genuine Omega or genuine leather

1. RedPhil Mar 26, 2017

Hi everyone
    I've had a search on the site and couldn't find a thread asking a similar question, but apologies if this has already been covered. There are a number of sellers on ebay offering "OMEGA GENUINE LEATHER WATCH STRAP" for around the £20 mark like this one:
    s-l300 (1).jpg s-l300 (2).jpg s-l300.jpg

Link to this particular sale is herePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I'm assuming that these are knock-offs - even the loop being strategically placed where the Omega symbol draws suspicion.
    I hesitate to ask but has anyone purchased one of these and if so what is the quality like.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Phil

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2017

They're counterfeit as is the buckle, and you're paying 20 quid for a strap worth about 2 quality wise, you're far better with a quality aftermarket brand than touching any of these.

Etp095 likes this.
  3. RedPhil Mar 26, 2017

Thought as much, thanks for jumping in - any recommendations on good quality aftermarket straps. Thanks again

4. mrod3950 Mar 26, 2017

Crappy stitches. Fake for sure.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2017

Di Modell, Hircsh are good and affordable, if you want to spend more this guy:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/hand-made-horween-watch-straps.53333/

makes some of the nicest, most supple and comfortable straps I've ever seen but they're significantly more expensive.