Forums Latest Members
  1. technoid Jun 7, 2013

I'm looking into this Omega, as a first Vintage style watch to wear on occasion. It is being listed for sale by a local watchmaker.

Omega1.jpg

Listed as:
    Omega Geneve Dynamic automatic. Omega 752 automatic movement has been serviced and is running well.
    All stainless steel case is in good condition. Genuine Omega band and crown.

Looking for opinions and / or concerns regarding this watch. Also, what is it actually worth.
    I have requested more information, and pictures from the watchmaker.

Varasc likes this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 7, 2013

i recently got a dynamic. really like it. if it really has been serviced and oiled, i'd say ~$600, otherwise maybe $500? I'd definately ask for more/better pictures, including up close of the dial, without the hands in the way of the text. I've never seen a black/grey dynamic dial, so i'd do some more research into that, to ensure that the dial is original.

3. technoid Jun 7, 2013

Well, a day late. It is already sold.

So, any recommendations for a first vintage watch? Anything specific to stay away from?

Of course I would like to get away as cheaply as possible, though I am willing to spend roughly 500 (of course, a little more if I must). The above watch was listed for sale at $450.

I do like the Omega line of watches, and as a techie the one approved by nasa may be top of my list.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 7, 2013

if you like Geneve dynamic, try this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...606525549?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5af1f6946dPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The seller is recommended
    The watch is decent. The case is still maintain its sunburst surface, the dial is original and in good condition. It will not go too expensive because it is less sought after 601 movement without date. For myself I wouldn't mind no-date option.

5. technoid Jun 9, 2013

I will be keeping an eye on that one, although I am not sure that I care for the Band, more of a metal link band guy.

If I don't find one more to my liking soon, I did find a Seiko Kinetic that I do like.

Not a Vintage watch, but may fit the bill for now, to wear as I search for another one.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 9, 2013