Forums Latest Members
  1. Dijkma44 Mar 8, 2016

Hi guys,

I'm still on the hunt for a nice original vintage Omega.
    The seller who sold me my previous Omega automatic (complete Frankenstein) offered me a very nice looking Geneve. The problem again seems the the caliber and ref. It's a caliber 562 with ref. 166.070... I don't think a Geneve was ever made in this coombination. Ofcourse I hope somebodey here can tell me different...Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 8, 2016

Perhaps you should find a different seller. Go with your instinct.

3. Dijkma44 Mar 8, 2016

That was my thought. Just wanted to make sure it's a mismatch...

4. lillatroll Mar 8, 2016

It seems that the 562 movement was used in a similar looking seamaster while the 166.070 used a 565 movement. I think this watch is a one younshould pass on and, as said, don t buy anything from this seller. To be honest if he had sold me a pile of crap once, I would not be going back for more. As is often said on here....buy the seller.

efauser likes this.
  5. Dijkma44 Mar 8, 2016

Thanks guys. I got my money back for the other automatic Geneve and did not buy this one yet. Do you have tips or recommend sellers that sell original and authentic omega's other than ebay?

6. Tritium Mar 8, 2016

https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/

7. lillatroll Mar 8, 2016

As above, you can PM the sellers of any watches you are interested in. You will find many honest watches at honest prices. You can look at watchrecon. com if you are after a specific watch. If you find something on ebay, ask here first and someone will give you an honest opinion of the watch.

8. Dijkma44 Mar 8, 2016

Thanks.