Forums Latest Members
  1. pbn2au Apr 16, 2018

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I cannot figure out how to adjust the minute hand on this ca 1974 ladies watch. The crown pulls out a single click, which allows the hour hand and date to move; but it won't pull out a second click. So, how does one change the minute hand?

IMG_20180416_122550.jpg
  2. Canuck Apr 16, 2018

Is there a recessed area in the middle of the crown? If so, that will be the answer. Using a blunt pointed object, depress that button and you will likely find the minute hand advance one minute. If that works, then press that button in and hold it for (IIRC) five seconds, release it and immediately press it in again, and hold it pressed in. The minute hand should take at about 1 rpm, and keep advancing until you release the button. Advance the minute hand until it is a minute or two behind the correct time, release the button, then return to the press and release mode until the minute hand is where you want it. Then set the hour hand and date by pulling the button out. Hope this works for you.

Deafboy likes this.
  3. pbn2au Apr 16, 2018

It works! I would never have figured that out - thanks so much!

4. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2018

Uh huhhh huh..... he said "quattz"!

[​IMG]

redpcar likes this.
  5. Canuck Apr 16, 2018

That re-setting system was introduced to Omega quartz watches while Omega was still Omega, not Swatch. There was such a ground swell of complaints about the stupid system from retailers, repair people, and owners, that Omega discontinued it, and returned to a system that made more sense. I don’t know how long they used it, but I have heard it was not very long. And, you’re welcome. Glad to help.

6. pbn2au Apr 16, 2018

I called Omega Service and spent some time waiting to hear if they had a solution - nope - no one had an answer! I hope they read this board.

7. Canuck Apr 16, 2018

You’d have been speaking to SWATCH people, not OMEGA people. You’d need to talk to long time collectors to find the help you needed. Your being new to the Omega Message Board, you’re where you belong. Stick around. :)