Forums Latest Members
  1. JohannesFact Sep 19, 2012

Yes, I know it's from Latvia, offered by a seller with no history - but might be worth a flier for the right price.

Are the hands right? Anything else look funky to the forums?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200819313150?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks again maties

2. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Something is not right about that dial and I can't put my finger on it. ::confused2::

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

The hands do look right - I found another with this configuration (for an absolutely crazy price) here:
    http://www.antiquewatchcouk.com/pet...teel-and-bracelet-circa-1968-72/prod_250.html

OMEDYNP1170901.jpg

but I agree with Dennis that something about the dial seems a bit off. All I can see, however, is that the "I" in the "DYNAMIC" is longer than it should be - and maybe that the central portion of the dial is the same colour as the outer ring, instead of contrasting to some degree.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

7 feedback Latvian seller man, I'd give that a pass even if it does look real

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 20, 2012

Dial is ok, but it looks like a pretty banged-up calibre 1012 Second Gen model. I think the elongated I could be a photographic issue. I would imagine that the movement may need attention. The other point is that Gen 1 Dynamics with cal 565 (if you want a date model) crop up in good condition, so why would one want a 101x series when the originals can still be had for a reasonable price.

Cheers

Desmond

6. JohannesFact Sep 20, 2012

Desmond,

I'd hold out for a Gen 1 565, but I love the metal floating hour markers (if that's the right term) of this 101x. All the Gen 1's seem to have flat/painted-on hour markers. Am I missing something?

Otherwise, assuming the movement needs work and it needs new glass, what am I looking at in terms of rehab cost?

Thanks to everyone else who weighed in with their advice.

Seth

7. JohannesFact Sep 20, 2012

Went back and rechecked the Omega database, and I did find this 565 with the hour markers I like, but it's not in all-blue ...

Anyone know of any others? Geneve Dynamic 166.0039.jpeg

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

I know what you mean about the raised hour markers, there are actually some Cosmics with either 6xx or early 10xx movements (not sure which) that have these really cool three dimensional dials to them with a raised chapter ring as well as raised markers that sort of look like the dish of those early Fuchs Porsche wheels

9. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 20, 2012

Ah, yes, most of the Gen 1 dials were flat without applied markers, but some were, and I believe the later gen 1 cal 656s did have a dial very similar to the one that you like in the Gen2.

Cost of restoration depends on the state of the movement, but with that Latvian one, at least a clean and oil and maybe more. If caried out by a good but independent watchmaker, maybe a couple of hundred.

10. JohannesFact Sep 20, 2012

Thanks so much for the follow-up, Desmond. I ended up winning it for $260, figuring a couple hundred for restoration.

Now to find a good independent watchmaker ... anybody have personal experience with Rush Hour Jewelry in LA?

11. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 20, 2012

Yep, Dimitry is good and very reasonable.

Cheers

Desmond