Forums Latest Members
  1. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Apr 7, 2017

I know relatively little about the Dynamic line but appreciate the variety of dial flavors available. I've seen more dial variety in this line than any other Omega model. The racing dial is to my understanding relatively rare. How do the experts feel about the quality of this piece?

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 8, 2017

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2017

It looks like a MkII Dynamic. The picture isn't great - a head on shot would be more informative. If you're after a nice looking watch & you like the look of this then it's fine, as long as you satisfy yourself it's mechanically sound. If you're looking for an "original" vintage watch, there are several major red flags:

1. The photo makes it look like it has a brushed finish - when it should be a smooth high shine finish.
    2. The dial looks like a service dial, judging by the fonts and the style of the Omega logo. Possibly it's a redial. Either way, I don't like the look of it from this picture.
    3. Hands definitely look like replacement parts.

From this slightly unhelpful picture, I'd say this has either been assembled from parts or has had a major "overhaul" which has lead to the replacement of the big cosmetic parts. If it's had an extensive overhaul like that, I'd be very suspicious about what damaged the original parts and quite nervous about the state of the parts you can't see - i.e. the movement inside the watch.

Rasputin likes this.