Forums Latest Members
  1. timjohans Jun 20, 2016

Hello there,

I have recently purchased the attached Geneve Dynamic. I am wondering where I find the serial number of the watch?

Regarding he date change at midnight. I have noticed that the day of the week does not change until midnight, but the date starts to transition at around 2300. I would gather this is normal? Movement is cal. 752.

What are your thoughts on the piece?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Fattony likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 20, 2016

@SpikiSpikester is our resident guru on these.

Serial no is on the movement.

Nice looking piece

3. timjohans Jun 20, 2016

Thanks for that, do you know anything about the date change:

"I have noticed that the day of the week does not change until midnight, but the date starts to transition at around 2300. I would gather this is normal? Movement is cal. 752."

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 20, 2016

Pretty sure that is normal, yes.

efauser likes this.
  5. timjohans Jun 20, 2016

Does the dial look correct? Not sure if the "O" in Omega is fully rounded as in:

"The fully rounded O, the double chevron M, a ‘G’ that appears almost circular in shape and the pointed ‘A’ in Omega are good indications of authenticity. Flat top ‘A’ letters in the automatic script, along with the fully circular ‘O’ and a ‘C’ that looks like a broken ‘O” are the means in which to confirm script originality. In examining the Geneve and Dynamic lettering, the G is identical to the Omega script, the e letters could be joined to form a circle and the accent above the ‘e’ is equidistantly placed. The Dynamic lettering has serif font, particularly on the ‘Y’, ‘N’, ‘A’., ‘M’ and ‘I’. The script is also finely printed and is not thick as is seen in many refinished dials."

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 20, 2016

As I replied on WUS the key is when the day and date finish changing - they should click over at the same time (or very close to it) on or near midnight. If not, then the calendar mechanism is not set-up properly and needs to be synched.

Cheers, Al

7. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 20, 2016

8. timjohans Jun 20, 2016

Ok thanks. They both change at the same time, however the date starts to "move" at around 11:00pm - assume this is normal? Day of the week clicks over at midnight.

9. timjohans Jun 21, 2016

Ok, thanks everyone. If the watch date needs to be synced, how is this done? Also, regarding the dial, does this look correct in terms of the fonts, etc.

10. ConElPueblo Jun 21, 2016

As @STANDY have mentioned, the watch looks good - this means that it is correct.
    However, as @Speedmasterfan88 writes, the case has been polished so it hasn't got the original finish anymore.

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 21, 2016

Give it some time for the guys that know these to come along,chill look at some watches in the WRUW thread and they will be along.

Looks to me it could even be new hands, dial and crystal but as said others are more knowledgeable on these than me.

12. llstv1 Jun 21, 2016

Does anyone know where i can get dial of Omega Dynamic Geneve? i want a racing dial

13. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 21, 2016

llstv1 likes this.
  14. llstv1 Jun 21, 2016

Thanks but that wasnt the one i am looking for. I am looking for a dark blue racing dial or a plain black dial. I'll attach the photo S__10854404.jpg S__10854405.jpg

15. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 21, 2016

Ah okay ! I suggest you search eBay now and then. They come up there from Time to Time.

16. llstv1 Jun 21, 2016

alright thanks

17. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 22, 2016

For @timjohans - as @Archer says, the date change behaviour you are seeing is perfectly normal for cal 752. It's what mine do too.

Judging from the photo's, this is a typical tarted up watch from a dealer. There are a few problems, however, none of which stop it from being a perfectly usable watch if the movement is in good condition and has been serviced. The issues do stop it from being a collectable watch or even a decent example of an original Mk 1 Dynamic.

The 'O' in Omega on the dial is fine. However, it is in suspiciously bright condition and has no T marks alongside "Swiss Made" - so it looks like a modern service dial.

The hour and minute hands are similarly in such good condition that they look to be recent service parts. It's harder to tell about the second hand.

The case has been polished way too much: all the markings and grain finish on the caseback have been obliterated in favour of a mirror finish and the metal at the outer edge of the case has got quite thin. Although the grain finish on the back and the starburst finish on the front can be restored it does look like this case has already lost a lot of metal.

Here are a couple of examples from my box. The "T-Swiss Made-T" marking is hardly visible on the left because it's in black text on a blue background:
    IMG_1099.JPG

For @llstv1:
    IMG_1100.JPG

Hope this helps :)

18. llstv1 Jun 22, 2016

@SpikiSpikester

Exactly that is the black dial that i am looking for do you know anywhere i can get that? please let me know. Thanks

19. timjohans Jun 23, 2016

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Just a couple more questions.

- Regarding the "service dial" I gather this means it is a replacement dial from Omega? The lume seems to still work, so it is clearly not the original Tritium as denoted by the "t." Does the dial or watch look like a third party knockoff or fake?

- I notice a small Omega logo right in the middle of the acrylic crystal - I gather this is usual for this?

- Regarding the polishing of the case, I have seen a lot of dynamics like this, so I gather this is something that is done depending on personal taste?

- In terms of value, the polishing is obviously likely to cause a decrease. Considering I paid approx. $1000USD for it, is this a ballpark price?

20. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 23, 2016

Can't answer all your questions but regarding the Omega Logo in the Center of the crystal, this Is indeed standart Omega procedure for as far as I know, all hesalite/acrylic crystals. Price-wise I find 1k $ quite strong for a polished Geneve on a leather strap.

Cheers,

Max