Forums Latest Members
  1. vonrozen Oct 23, 2018

I am being offered the following watch by a local vendor for 400 € . HOwever the dial looks so 'battered' .
    Is this normal of those early Dynamics or is something wrong with this dial ?
    Thank you
    Alexander (Paris)
    [​IMG]

2. vonrozen Oct 23, 2018

PS : I am comparing it with the dial of another vendor that looks original but much cleaner . Or is this one restored ?
    Please help !!!

[​IMG]

3. chipsotoole Oct 23, 2018

hi there,
    I've got a couple of Dynamics, you right to think about many of them being battered. It seems to me that perhaps in the past they were mistaken for divers, or that the finishing of the intricate designs, the lume, and the monocoque cases left some with moisture trapped over time. in any case 1st gen ones in great condition are easily outnumbered by ones that have been through the wars. That said, as far as "battering " goes, the one you show really isn't so bad compared to many I've seen.

Where Dynamics are concerned , I reckon you've got to look at a number of points
    1) make sure it's 41mm ..the ladies versions are often passed off as "unisex"
    2) Try and get a first gen one with the brushed finish case. After 72' or so they aren't quite so sought after
    3) the more complications the better.... automatic day/ date or date is good
    4) Green and red dials are particularly scarce...I've kept an eye out for some time.
    5) The one pictured here is by far the most common colour combination.
    6) Try and get one that's fully working. If it needs a service , it starts to be uneconomical.
    7) check the ebay sold prices under advance settings...the buying market is around 250-300 Euros. Anything above 350 and you should be looking at top notch ones.
    Here's my good one the bad one is a little worse off than the one pictured above might be on the chopping block soon. daydatedynamic.jpg
    Hope this helps

Mike

Dan S likes this.
  4. vonrozen Oct 23, 2018

Thanks very much, Mike ! Both sellers are asking for 450 €, but I fear that the 2nd one just looks too tidy ... The first is also an automatic and thus more collectable , I guess. What do you think ?

5. chipsotoole Oct 23, 2018

It's hard to tell from a single photo but the second one has probably had a bit of a buff and polish and the brushing isn't so defined.
    Omega sold well over 1000000 dynamic watches..they were popular and are comfortable to wear. I got the one you see here last year for 200. (it needed a small repair). My advice is be patient. They are listed ALL the time...log in to all the ebay european countries as a routine: ebay.fr ebay.it, ebay.de, ebay.es ebay.co.uk and do a dynamic search from there (where possible use local language in the search..eg ( orologio Omega dynamic)..it's amazing how often they show up on one site but not the other. I'm certain you can get a fab one for under 350.