Forums Latest Members
  1. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 17, 2014

These are not really my thing, but could not pass on a bargain... ::confused2:: Found in a box of watches that were being sold as not working since they all need new batteries. This iconic Omega design appears to be all original including the original strap and buckle. Why would anyone choose a red strap is beyond me. Perhaps thats why it appears almost unworn (the strap at least) and maybe the fact that it needed a new battery..:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Jan 17, 2014

Duuuuuuuuude..... I like that watch a LOT.

You're right about the strap. If the dial had some red it would be cool, but it looks tacky in red. Do they make black with orange stitch in that style?

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 17, 2014

Automatic date! Likely a cal. 565! Ya done good my friend.
    All that I have seen appear to have a brushed (sunburst) finish on the case. Yours looks shiny in the pics. Trick of light or highly polished?

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2014

It looks to be a first generation dynamic with a cal 565. It had a sunburst grain on it which has been largely polished away, but it still visible in parts. The case for a second gen is pretty different.

5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 17, 2014

You like it? PM your address... :thumbsup:

6. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 17, 2014

IF you look closely you can still see the brushed finish. However, it think it is a bit worn on this example.

7. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 17, 2014

Yes, it s a cal 565. The date changes when you pull the crown all the way out.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 18, 2014

Straps are still available from Omega if you want to change it up. Bracelets too, but they are horrendously expensive...

Cheers, Al