Forums Latest Members
  1. PB2587 Aug 11, 2017

Hello all - I'm a new member to these forums but I've been lurking around for a bit now. I'm always impressed to see the knowledge and feedback given out by the members here, and I'm hoping to get some help.

Like many of the readers who visit these forums, I'm looking to buy my first vintage Omega - but I'm aware of the common problems out there (i.e. franken-watches, redials, etc.). I'm a little hesitant to buy something off eBay for this reason, but I came across this item that I'm interested in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162604653314Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I was told it's a reference 166.070. Doing some research, I'm a little unsure if it's totally legit. One thing I noticed is the "T-Swiss Made-T" is above the second markers and the overwhelming number of 166.070 references I saw had this writing below. Not sure if that matters or if they made models both ways, but things like that are making me a little hesitant.

I'd appreciate any input from the members here.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 11, 2017

Over priced by about two times.

"case, bezel and lugs are completely free of scratches", because its seen a buffing wheel, should have much sharper edges.

PASS

3. Edward53 Aug 12, 2017

Say Thank You to the nice gentleman who just saved your money!

4. Tik-Tok of Oz Aug 12, 2017

I'd recommend looking at @ConElPueblo 's stickyed post "Learn How To Fish" if you have not read it. It's in the vintage watch theread.

5. PB2587 Aug 12, 2017

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the responses. I'll stay away from this one.