Omega Geneve bezel

Hi all!

A good friend of mine received an Omega Geneva from his wife on their wedding day. Here is a picture of it:

upload_2021-8-27_18-29-46.jpeg

somehow, while partying during the evening, he unfortunately lost the bezel… I don’t have a picture of that yet though. So now he contacted the watchmaker if he could help. He said he would like to, but he also said it’s very difficult to find in solid gold.

So the watch is 18k and now my friend (and the watchmaker) are searching for a matching bezel for the watch. Since it seems difficult to find I thought I might ask you for any suggestions/help. Does anyone know any way to come across a bezel like that, or maybe have any other thoughts?

Edit: picture of the watch without the bezel

upload_2021-8-27_23-6-18.jpeg
Edited:

This is probably not the reply you’d hope for, but finding a spare 18k bezel will be close to impossible. I’d say your best bet would be to find the measurements and ask a goldsmith to make you one.

What is the case number?

Yeah, I was afraid to get an answer like that. But I understand.

It’s a 131.021 SP with a cal 601.

Yeah, I was afraid to get an answer like that. But I understand.

It’s a 131.021 SP with a cal 601.

Just checked - no bezels available from Omega. Sometimes they do have them, so it's always worth checking.

Not sure where you are located, but if in the US you may want to have your watchmaker contact this place:

HOME | watchcaserepair.com

I've used Peter several times, and the work has been of good quality and reasonably priced.

Thank you so much for your kind help. I truly appreciate it.

I am located in Europe, Sweden to be precise. Do you think it’s worth a shot to talk to Peter even though we are on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean? I assume he needs the case to be able to perform magic.

Also, could it be worth checking with omega again in a couple of months? Or has that ship sailed now that you so kindly checked for us?

Again, thank you.

Omega won’t be making more bezels.

You could try Peter if you want, and yes he will need the case to do the work.

Sounds like a wild party.....Losing a watch bezel..... Anyway, first of all : your friend needs patience. And another avenue inside EU/Europe could be: there are a few very talented micro welding guys now. Search for them here. Germany/ Poland/ Italy.....they have jewellers working with them . That would solve the Vat/GST/Tax/Customs problems with shipping overseas. Have a Watchmaker take the movement out of the case and maybe remove the crystal for shipment. Good luck ! Kind regards. Achim

I know. Now, I haven’t had a vintage omega myself (yet, still looking for the one) but I have a hard time figuring out how he was able to lose it. The watch was serviced by the watchmaker.

Anyway, I will search the forum for them. Thanks all for the help! It’s an unfortunate situation.