Forums Latest Members
  1. Geo! Feb 3, 2015

I'm just back from my local auction house with my new acquisition, a very original Omega Geneve Automatic. I suspect it is untouched from leaving the factory and will definitely require a service although it is running very well. The only blemish is a scratch on the crystal, nothing that a good polish won't cure. When I get around to opening the back, I will post images of the engine room. Total cost including auction house premium was £156. :)

[​IMG]

image.jpg
    JimInOz and peatnick like this.
  2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 3, 2015

Looks familiar!
    Got mine from the original owner, but it has seen the miles/kilometers. Should be a 565 (like mine)? Or 563?
    Congrats on a great looking watch at a great price! Mine says hi! And nice bracelet!
    [​IMG]

Geo! and peatnick like this.
  3. msp1518 Feb 3, 2015

156?! Dear Lord, what a bargain. Congrats.

4. Geo! Feb 4, 2015

Thanks for that.

When purchased there was no strap on the watch although the original Omega springbars were fitted. The photo (Below) was that bad, and unless you saw the watch, you would not bid. The description only read "Omega Gents Automatic Stainless Steel Gents Watch", nothing about condition, age or even whether it worked or not.

[​IMG]

It has now been running for a day, and without using a timegrapher, is keeping perfect time. I will give it a service in the very near future and report what I find.

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Feb 4, 2015

Nice pick up. Something delightfully classic with these minimalist case designs.

Cheers

Desmond

Geo! likes this.