Forums Latest Members
  1. Tomislav Jul 24, 2018

Dear all,

First of all thank you making, organising and keeping this forum. I really appreciate the effort you guys are investing to keep it alive, and I hope one day my knowledge will be up to the level to help others.

Given that I am a newcomer/newbie/freshman into the world of watches, I am seeking your advice - got my first Omega for my graduation last month and one month later I am looking for a new vintage omega. :)

I found on the local market an omega geneve. The current owner says it works and that it was serviced a bit more than a year ago. Nevertheless, I would like your opinion based on provided pictures below. Should I buy it or not for 250 Euro? Is it a real omega geneve? I am sorry for the image quality, waiting for better images of the watch and images of the movement.

Based on the knowledge of vintage watched from this forum, I have concluded that watch was not or was minimally polished based on its edges. The crystal condition indicates usage and age, but not if it is real or not as it is difficult to see the omega mark. The crown has omega symbol, but not sure if it original that came with the watch or not given the discolouration. I ma expecting 601 movement, but waiting for the image of it to date the watch and be sure of its movement state.

top.jpg top2.jpg bottom.jpg side.jpg

2. Draven Jul 24, 2018

Yes, the watch is a genuine Omega. It would not be the most desirable model and the condition is 50/50 on the watch.

I think you would be better off holding out for something a little better for the same money. You could probably get a nice Seamaster or a better condition Geneve like the ones @Jerseyhammer has listed recently in the 'Arrivals, What did you buy recently' post. The Geneve Dynamic to me is a nicer watch, but it is a personal taste.

Edited Jul 24, 2018
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2018

It is model that is in low demand (low value) and not very desirable. I would wait.
    Hang around here and read , watch and see if something stirs your interest once you know more.

4. Tomislav Jul 24, 2018

Thank you for your reply Draven and cicindela.

Personally, I would be the happiest with an automatic Seamaster/DeVille (date indicator not important) having a clean dial for my daily watch, found here from trusted members. Would even pay more if needed. :)

I will wait train my patience. Once again, thanks for the reply gentleman.

Edited Jul 24, 2018