Omega Geneve 366.822 - 1972 real or fake?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so thanks in advance for your help!

I’ve come across a nice vintage Omega Geneve from the 70s model 366.822 with a price of 500€, but I wanted to ask if anyone considers this could be a fake as I’ve seen minor weird things:

- usually, Omega E and Automatic M are aligned and in this case, it is slightly balanced to the right, the same with

- usually, the day date viewer comes with a border which in this case does not exist

- it does not say Swiss nor Swiss made at the bottom of the dial (maybe this can be because of a crystal change based on other forum threads?)

The rest seems 100% legit.

What do you think can this be a fake or just that has been serviced/dial repainted?

Thank you all in advance

Pics are very poor but it’s been redialed.
That’s enough to warrant walking away from this one but another issue is the bracelet seems loose. On these integrated bracelet models it’s particularly important to try and get one with a good bracelet as a refurb/repin will be several hundred and before you know it, you’ve spent more on a service + bracelet return than the watch is worth.

Thanks so much for your quick response, do you think it is fake or just redialed though? Just asking as I really like the watch, it is under a fair price (at least from what I have been seeing), and I’m not seeking for a collectors piece.
Thanks!!!

It’s genuine.

€500 is too much for it. If you wanted it as a beater fair enough but I wouldn’t pay more than €300 or ideally 250 as the issues with bracelet stretch remain.

Personally I think it’s ludicrous to consider this one when you can get an original dial for the same price or less.

It’s genuine.

€500 is too much for it. If you wanted it as a beater fair enough but I wouldn’t pay more than €300 or ideally 250 as the issues with bracelet stretch remain.

Personally I think it’s ludicrous to consider this one when you can get an original dial for the same price or less.

I agree with this.

You'd do better paying more for a watch in better condition. With this or any vintage watch you might have to pay for a service - with an Omega automatic, about €150 but the case really has been treated badly, others have posted about the dial and the integrated bracelet has problems pointed out by others.

Nothing wrong with Geneves, I have three (1x136.041 with cal 565 and 2x135.041 with cal 552) but in your shoes, I’d keep looking, both on eBay and here on the Private Sales thread.