Forums Latest Members
  1. Tamas Jun 16, 2019

I found this in a vintage watch shop, and now I really want to buy it. Since I recently discovered this forum I've decided to post pictures of it here before I make my final decision.

I've read most guides about fake Omegas here, and I think this seems genuine. The seller has a good reputation too.

Can you spot anything unusual? This will be my first Omega, I want to make sure it's not a waste of money.
    o1.jpg o2.jpg o3.jpg

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 16, 2019

Welcome to the forum! Great to check here before you buy. To me it looks legit, but I am not an expert. The case might be polished too much, other examples online seem more crisp, in keeping with the 70’s chunky design ethic. The movement looks clean, but better photos will be needed for the forum to confirm. See if you can move the rotor too so other views of the guts can be taken. Also, let us know if it works and what the price is. I don’t think that the strap really works with it, you might, but if not, figure in the cost of a new one or negotiate it off of the price

3. Rochete Jun 16, 2019

It's all fine. But beware that movement is a 1481, which is in fact a Tissot 2481, not among the best Tissot movement even. So price should be lower than similar Omega references of the same era.