Forums Latest Members
  1. mikechi22 May 29, 2022

Hello, Forum Friends! Today I ask your consideration for a beautiful example of Nixon-era design, this Omega Genéve Dynamic. The watch has a beautiful, subtle blue, somewhat textured dial with a blue seconds hand and a quick-set date complication. This was a very comfortable and fun watch to wear and drew lots of compliments.

I purchased this watch from a watchmaker in Holland about five years ago and have used it quite frequently for the last three (it took a long time to get from Europe to Wisconsin and then on to China where I was living at the time!) The watch is in excellent condition, with some little marks to the case visible under a loupe. The brushing on the stainless steel appears visible yet, so if it ever was polished, it must have been done very lightly.

I presume that the watchmaker cleaned and serviced it before sale, but I can’t vouch for that. I also had it serviced about four months ago, but have not worn it since. It has always run like a top, but an eagle-eyed forum member pointed out that the "Omega" symbol on the dial was distended, so I had that replaced! For some reason, though, it just feels strange on my wrist now after I had it cleaned and serviced. The wristband no longer feels “right” to me and seems like it has a sharp edge now. Where before I had no doubt that the band was an original Omega product, I am not certain of this any longer and it is priced accordingly.

I recently repatriated and am a new homeowner, so I must sadly liquidate my vintage collection. Not looking to profit wildly, just recoup some of what I have invested, and I will let this go at a steep discount to what I paid. More than anything, I’d like to see this watch go to someone who will appreciate it! Shipping is included, as is an Omega service case.

Price: $449 (USD)
    - net to me, PayPal friends/family or old-timey check
    - includes insured, domestic shipping; international at cost
    - Steel, possibly Omega bracelet
    - no returns

Details:
    Case: Stainless steel Ref. ST 166.0145, date complication
    Mfg: ca. 1972, serial #28,295,XXX
    Movement: Omega in-house calibre 565
    Dial: Original blue
    Hands: Original baton hand set.
    Dimensions: Approx. 39 mm x 43 mm; 11 mm thick
    430BAE77-C7CF-482C-9C37-9CEE98738B09.jpeg 430BAE77-C7CF-482C-9C37-9CEE98738B09.jpeg DCFEBB7E-93CA-49F8-9E2D-58B3F885A71D.jpeg 9AA48402-E76C-4D5B-BD75-BC3876E1ECCB.jpeg 5C2ACF39-95CB-4096-A878-EB1D6E0D830D.jpeg tempImageC3asGW.png

JayBe, ahsposo, bardamu and 5 others like this.
  2. mikechi22 May 30, 2022

Thank you, Omega Forum for helping facilitate this quick sale!

3. bardamu May 31, 2022

That was very nice, congrats to seller and buyer :thumbsup:

4. mikechi22 May 31, 2022

Thank you very much! Glad it’s going to a good home!