Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Genéve Dynamic

1. mikechi22 Jul 17, 2021

Hello, Forum Friends! Today I ask your consideration for a beautiful example of Nixon-era design, this Omega Genéve Dynamic. The watch has a beautiful, subtle blue, somewhat textured dial with a blue seconds hand and a quick-set date complication. This was a very comfortable and fun watch to wear and drew lots of compliments.

I purchased this watch from a watchmaker in Holland about three years ago and have used it quite frequently for the last two (it took a long time to get from Europe to Wisconsin and then on to China where I was living at the time!) The watch seems to be in excellent condition, with some little marks to the case visible under a loupe. There is slight scratch to the crystal above the “5” but it appears superficial – I imagine that some Polywatch and elbow grease would take it right out. The brushing on the stainless steel appears visible yet, so if it ever was polished, it must have been done very lightly.

I presume that the watchmaker cleaned and serviced it before sale, but I can’t vouch for that. It has not been serviced while in my possession, but it runs like a top! Due to the Dynamic’s unusual engineering, I have not opened it and do not know the serial number or have photos of the movement.

I recently repatriated and am a new homeowner, so I must sadly liquidate my vintage collection. Not looking to profit wildly, just extract what I have invested – less in this instance. More than anything, I’d like to see this watch go to someone who will appreciate it! Will ship in an Omega service case.

Price: $599.00 USD
    - net to me, PayPal friends/family, Zelle or old-timey check
    - includes insured, domestic shipping; international at cost
    - no returns

Details:
    Case: Stainless steel with brushing still visible
    Ref. ST 166.0145
    Mfg: ca. 1972
    Crown: Signed Omega crown
    Movement: 565 (with date complication)
    Dial: Original
    Dimensions: 39 x 43 mm
    Strap: Steel, Omega 1181 bracelet, includes an extra link
    tempImageyPNwZf.png tempImageqWwcWa.png tempImageZICbL0.png tempImagedBvdQv.png tempImagea1QVG0.png

bikerfox, timecube and perks713 like this.