Forums Latest Members
  1. jonathanq Jan 30, 2019

2. rcs914 Jan 30, 2019

KingCrouchy likes this.
  3. jonathanq Jan 30, 2019

It seems to be from a reputable site ?

4. rcs914 Jan 30, 2019

It may very well be fine, if rather expensive. I would guess that the case and bracelet have been refinished rather than that being original.

5. jonathanq Jan 30, 2019

Thanks for that, I appreciate your input. From what I’ve been able to glean from a little research, the original brushed finish around the casing looks to be as it should be and not overly refurbished. I’m no expert though !

6. rcs914 Jan 30, 2019

To me it was that the brushed look on the back of the case was quite evident, but the markings about needing Tool 107 and "waterproof" are almost impossible to see. I am not an expert at all - I won't claim to be. I think the overall appearance looks nice, but these are not rare watches and I'd rather know if I was paying top dollar if its correct and original, or re-finished. I can't say one way or another with this, just what gives me a bit of pause when looking at it.

7. jonathanq Jan 30, 2019

That’s interesting. I must say I hadn’t noticed the markings on the back, or thought to look. It does seem strange to me that it’d be necessary to polish the back to that extent while the front (which you’d imagine would take more traffic) seems polished, but not to the extent that the grain has been polished out. I guess i can only ask but then, this guy is a dealer, and he’s only going to vouch for what’s happened while he’s had it. First and foremost it has to be real at least! Would you say that Dynamics in this color combination and in excellent original order are not uncommon to come by?

8. KingCrouchy Jan 30, 2019

The price is a joke, you should be able to find a decent one for under 500$

Mac5 likes this.
  9. Au79 Aluminium Jan 30, 2019

I bought mine off of Ebay a few years back and the seller claimed that everything was original and untouched. I did not believe him but the price was good enough with the conditions I saw that I decided to pull the trigger. The watch itself was in good condition but the bracelet was a mess. rcs914 is right. The parts for the Dynamics are pretty easily available because I was easily able to find a replacement bracelet. I know the one you are looking at looks very nice and beautiful but KingCrouchy is right also. I think it is ambitiously priced. Even if the seller has all the original documents and packaging, I would still think it is overpriced. I paid around $500 for mine and the replacement used bracelet was less than $80.00 Keep in mind that it was already a couple years ago. I bought it fully knowing that the watch may have been touched but the price was good enough where I wanted to take a chance. Also, this watch was not for investment. I knew I was going to just wear it and enjoy having it whenever I put it on so I really did not care too much about the pedigree of the watch (well I did care but not as much as more expensive watches). Lucky, when I took it into service a few weeks after receiving the watch, my service guy told me that everything looked legit but really, who knows?

I think you should consider why you are getting this watch. I think if you like the way this watch looks and will wear it often, you should consider looking else where. It seems overpriced without any solid guarantees that this watch is all original. Or, if you really like this particular one, get in contact with the seller and make an offer. If his attitude sucks, I say walk, there are more Dynamics out there for well under this price. Hope my experience helped. Here is my Dynamic for your info. Pic was taken yesterday. I am also posting a picture of Omega official site screenshot with my watch on it as reference.

PSX_20190129_075519.jpg Screenshot_20190130-111622.jpg
  10. Basset Hound Jan 30, 2019

It’s expensive. Good examples are not uncommon on eBay from which I have purchased a few Dynamics (especially that dial). I think that with a bit of patience you could get a good example for much less.

11. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 30, 2019

Is it just me or does that crown sticking out like that bother anybody else? It may be a mistake on the part of the photographer not seating it properly after setting it to the "happy" hands hour.

And that is one expensive Dynamic. For that price it would have to come with proof of service from a really well known service center.

12. connieseamaster Jan 30, 2019

Muchly overpriced. And I have some doubts about the case finishufi as well. I'd be a bit more patient and wait for a more reasonably priced one (under $1kUS) to show up on this forum, eBay, or reddit.com/r/kabaclyde

13. Basset Hound Jan 30, 2019

I agree. I think it’s just that the crown hasn’t been pushed back in correctly.
    I also would have some doubt about the case back. Overall I’d look for a cheaper alternative.

14. rcs914 Feb 1, 2019

15. jonathanq Feb 4, 2019

I’d just like to say many thanks to one and all of you for taking the time to respond and impart your knowledge; it’s very much appreciated.

The link just above I am going to give some thought too. I am really after the same dial as the one I’d originally detailed (it’s a long story but it’s to replace in some way my grandfathers watch which was left to me but ultimately stolen); I also would prefer a dual without the day / date entry.

Thanks again all