Forums Latest Members
  1. HerbieTheDog Nov 10, 2015

Hello

I've had the above watch in my possession since my dad died in 2008.

My mum thinks it was bought in 1976 but isn't sure.

I've found out a bit about the model but haven't seen any photos of the exact colour.

Can anyone help me with details and value?

Kind regards

Simon 1447179792480-1805648780.jpg

Edited Nov 10, 2015
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 10, 2015

3. HerbieTheDog Nov 10, 2015

Thank you...That's a great read.

It looks like it's one of two models but I can't find a matching serial number. On the back it has engraved what looks like 'TOOL. 107' and underneath 'Waterproof'.

It's quite difficult to make out to be honest!

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 10, 2015

To find the model reference number and movement type and serial number you need to take it to a watchmaker that has tool 107 or the adjustable tool to remove the crystal. With this watch the entry is through the top.

If it's been some time since it's been to a watchmaker it's probably due for a service. A little TLC for it and you'll not only have a nice watch but a great keepsake. While the watchmaker is in there have him make a note with those numbers or better some pictures, too.

As to value if you look on something like eBay and type in Omega Dynamic you'll get an idea what they sell for. To me the value of a family keepsake is a little higher...

I have one of those with that "racing" dial in the shop now. Can't wait to get it back...