Forums Latest Members
  1. Manuel P Apr 27, 2017

Hi

Im the proud owner of a Géneve Dynamic that my father bought in the 70's. I'm getting it serviced but i have some questions, since this is my first service at Omega.

- Do i get a certificate from that service, saying that the watch was serviced, describing what was done?

- How do they package your watch when it's returned to you, to prevent your watch from rubbing all around on itself?

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 27, 2017

3. Manuel P Apr 30, 2017

Thanks!!

The jeweler told me about the certificate but said nothing about the service case. And do they send the replaced parts back like rolex?

Now regarding the original crystal, its clean and without much scratches but it has three little annoying hairline cracks, should I replace it? Or keep the old one? I'm trying to keep the watch as original as possible, but since its getting serviced.

4. Sgt_Bilko May 1, 2017

I've heard differing opinions about servicing vintage watches at Omega for the very reason you cite about keeping the watch original. I read a forum thread a while ago, but I can't find it now.

Regarding the crystal, small scratches are not a problem but I would be inclined to change it if there are real cracks in there. Just make sure it's replaced with a genuine Omega crystal. This will not affect the value of the watch.

5. Manuel P Aug 1, 2017

I´ve received my serviced Omega watch last wednesday. Since then the watch has delayed several times (1 hour every 2 days).
    Today it has stoped working completely. I´m sending it back, but i would like to know if this is normal in a suposed serviced omega??

I think that they tested the movement of the watch, since i´ve received the test results saying it´s ok (wich is not)!!!
    Regarding the test pressure and estanquicity, i would really like to know how do they test it, since the watch strap is not the original??
    The jeweler told me that this is not admisible in these brand.

Also the service certificate is not from omega, but from a technical assistance service, recognised by omega (it appears on omega site has a recognised assistance service)

Anyway i´m posting some photos from the serviced omega dynamic...

front view omega dynamic.jpg omega dynamic 2.jpg omega dynamic 3.jpg
  6. TexOmega Aug 1, 2017

If I sent a watch directly to Omega, my expectations would be for Omega to service and then warranty their workmanship. And, no, it stopping is a bug not a feature. Hopefully it was the transit that bumped it around too much. Good luck.

7. Manuel P Aug 1, 2017

It was a omega authorized service centre. But i´ve been looking at the warranty and it´s from the authorized service centre (ANALÓGICO, LDA. in Lisbon), and not for omega...

8. Damo Aug 1, 2017

Omega authorised or an indie it should make no difference. If it has been serviced it should be running perfectly which it obviously is not.

Have you phoned them explaining the watch is faulty ie stopping?

9. Manuel P Aug 2, 2017

I´ve phoned to the jeweler, and he´s sending it back.

But since the Omega was serviced in a technical service centre recognised by omega, shouldn´t the warranty be from Omega? The one i´ve received is from the technical service centre...

I´ve also replaced the crystal from Omega, wich i already scratch (see photos)...the genuine Omega crystal is really so easy to scratch? and could the crystal be polished or something?

Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg Omega 3.jpg
  10. Manuel P Aug 3, 2017

While i was returning the Omega to the jeweler, the watch strap was removed, and this was the horror i found in the back cover ...

back cover omega (2).jpg
  11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 3, 2017

You need to have a serious discussion with the service centre about their level of "service".

Your crystal is Hesalite (plastic) and will get scratches much easier than a sapphire one.

The good thing is that you can easily polish the scratches out, not like a sapphire one.

Manuel P likes this.
  12. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Aug 3, 2017

Is something fishy with the jeweler in this story?.

marco likes this.
  13. Manuel P Aug 7, 2017

Regarding the level of "service" i´m very disappointed. Im guessing they subcontract the service to others, and just send the watch back with the service centre warranty (not Omega warranty). I´ve asked the jeweler about it, and he said that only if i send the Omega to get serviced in Switzerland will i get a Omega warranty like the one that JiminOz shared the photo above (thanks!!!). This makes no sense to me, if i´m paying a Omega service centre, i expect a Omega warranty...

The jeweler was highly recomended...

14. Manuel P Aug 19, 2017

Its been about two weeks since i´ve send my Omega back after it was first serviced, since he come back with some issues (it started delaying one hour each 2 days and then just stop working). Anyway, the jeweler call me yesterday to say that the Omega is back from service.

Like i´ve already said, i´m not really reassured about the quality of the service, and i´m wonder if the spots in the above back photo, if this is just corrosion as the jeweler say or the Omega wasnt even cleaned?

Thanks, i would appreciate some input!

15. Manuel P Aug 23, 2017

530 views and not a single feedback? jeez!!!

16. ChrisN Aug 23, 2017

Hi Manuel

Do you have the watch back now and it's running well? Or still with issues?

From what I can see in the picture of the back, it looks like corrosion but far easier for you to know when you have the watch in hand. The case must have been cleaned when the service was made.

It sounds to me like the jeweller contracted a Watchmaker who is Omega approved and it didn't go through the Omega network so, your warranty is from the Watchmaker. He still work to the same standard however it came to him.

I think the first thing is to get the watch back and see if it's clean. If it is, wear it and wind it at the same time each day (it appears to be a manual wind). Set it the first day and note the time and seconds versus an internet time source. Make a note each day how far it is out.

Let's see how it keeps time. Sometimes, mistakes happen but if they've had it twice, you'd expect it to be fine now.

Good luck,

Regards, Chris