Forums Latest Members
  1. martinowald Mar 15, 2018

Hello,

Ive been looking at this watch and it looks fine to me, other than the unoriginal crown. The seller does not know it’s service history and has never served it. Seller also states that it runs smoothly. However the seller does not have pictures of the mechanism inside. Would you buy it? Thank you so much if you respond! E2B3E6FA-3658-46CD-954B-7D8F33CCB3CB.png 1087B825-42AD-43BA-B031-382F4A2CC560.png 0B6FB6C8-D374-48FB-806D-364657A47624.png

2. turbo_muc Mar 15, 2018

Please show better pictures from the front.

I have the same model around here.

Indices look a bit strange to me at first sight (however, there are several variants).

Bracelet is in any case correct which is a huge plus!

martinowald likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 15, 2018

Crown might be a service replacement it’s not signed.

martinowald likes this.
  4. turbo_muc Mar 15, 2018

Crown is definitely not original (Comes with Omega logo)

Here is mine for comparison:

IMG_5794.JPG
    martinowald and Foo2rama like this.
  5. turbo_muc Mar 15, 2018

- T SWISS MADE T - also in different Position and the hands are different.

Does yours have lume dots? If not, it might explain the difference.

martinowald likes this.
  6. martinowald Mar 15, 2018

Is the Swiss made wrong? Do you think it’s been repainted badly? Are the hands not original, they look fine to me, could be wrong? Also there are some lumen dots, for example next to the date you can see.

7. martinowald Mar 15, 2018

I have seen the indices on before on this model. But I might be wrong. Would you buy this watch if the price was right?

8. martinowald Mar 15, 2018

9. turbo_muc Mar 16, 2018

It is not necessarily wrong - as I said there are different dial variants of this model.

You posted the link to another watch on OF (https://omegaforums.net/threads/reduced-omega-seamaster-cosmic-day-date-cal-752.53201/) which has an identical dial (for the hands please looks) below)

No, definitely not. But as I said the picture is not good. You need a clear picture straight from the front for the evaluation of all elements.

The hands are presumably original. The question is whether they are correct for the model. The watch on OF you linked has no lume and so the hands do not have lume.

Regarding yours, if it has lume, the hands with the lume would be correct. Again, hard to tell from the picture you posted.

I found one one sale which seems to have the identical setting as yours: https://www.vintage-portfolio.com/de/shop/seamaster/omega-seamaster-cosmic-automatic-steel-full-set/

You have to decide yourself whether you like the watch and whether you want to buy it. If you only received the pictures above I would not buy it because you cannot fully assess the condition. Let the seller send you pictures from the front and from the movement. Check whether it looks clean and that there is no rust or other obvious damage. Has it been serviced? All the things are to consider.

Ha det bra, Thomas

martinowald likes this.
  10. martinowald Mar 16, 2018

Tack så jäkla mycket för det svaret! Jätte snällt att du tog din tid att hjälpa mig! Ska be säljaren om bättre foto. Tack än en gång!

Mvh,
    Martin

turbo_muc likes this.
  11. michael22 Mar 16, 2018

A lot of sellers can't show the movt. because the watch is a front opener. Factor in a cheaper price for the unseen movt, or avoid, or be happy that the current owner hasn't been able to open the watch.

martinowald likes this.
  12. turbo_muc Mar 16, 2018

Varsågod! Jag inte kommer från Sverige men ja pratar lite svenska såg att klockan har svensk datum och screnshot svensk ord:)

martinowald likes this.
  13. turbo_muc Mar 16, 2018

Probably depends whether it is a professional seller. But I can tell that it is not so difficult to open it even without tool 107 (used some plastic cover and a case opener). Just for anyone interested: http://www.old-omegas.com/tool107.html

Certainly much depends on the pricing but I would always like to see the movement before buying. Anyway, if it has not been serviced, factor in the price for a service!

Dedalus05 and martinowald like this.