Forums Latest Members
  1. TropicConnie Oct 19, 2017

I understand that this may be regarded as a fake or homage and that may not be allowed, so please disregard if that is the case, but I'd like to share the result of my latest bout of tinkering inspired by the Omega Type 27 clasp. For those of you who don't know, the Type 27 clasp was a bracelet style Z clasp which connected to leather straps. Personally, I like it a lot more than the bulky Omega deployant clasps I see on their dressier watches in the boutiques.

Here I have an Omega clasp front piece connected to a Citizen style clip - that was the necessary due to the shape of Citizen clasps which enabled me to connect it to leather. Because I'm only using the short ends, I needed to purchase two straps but in total the whole experiment was very cheap and I like the look.

The whole strap is adjusted through the fine adjustment holes in the side of the clasp, so not quite as adjustable as a regular leather strap. The maximum closed length is 6⅞" (17.5 cm), and the minimum is 5⅞" (15 cm).

IMG_20171019_032011.jpg

Edited Oct 19, 2017