Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums Singapore Gathering

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 24, 2013

It is on !!!
    We will have our own Omega Forums mini gathering in Singapore.
    The date would be: Saturday, 8th February 2014, lunch time (12:30 pm - 02:30 pm). It is already off peak season hence the airline ticket should be more affordable for Indonesian, Malaysian, Thais, HongKong or even Australian who wants to join.
    The place would be in Yantra a very nice north Indian restaurant located in Tanglin Mall at the end of Orchard Road. Vegetarian menu served as well as usual meat lover menus.

We will booked a private room seated 10 people comfortably. Four people already confirm to come (Gavin, Nigel/NT931, Ashley and Me), six more seats available with 2 reserved for waiting lists. It is based on first booked first serve. A SGD 50 contribution per person is expected for booking the seat, due at latest 2 weeks before the event. This will cover our lunch fees.

After we have delicious lunch, peeking each other watch collection and taking watch pictures like crazy, our local friend will show us to various AD and vintage watch boutique nearby.

So book yourself fast. Only six seats remain.

PS: There are many hotels nearby. You can contact us if you want more specific hotel info.

2. NT931 Nov 24, 2013

I am looking forward to this!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 24, 2013

I'll be coming along to this btw! Be great to see some more faces from SG and the rest of Asia!

4. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 25, 2013

Respectable Member NT931

I am envious of this forthcoming mini gathering in Singapore. Only if I were still there, I would definitely join the fun.

Please do not forget to bring your respectable guests to the Hainanese coffee-shop, next to those 'murtabak' shops at the junction of North Bridge Road (opposite to the Sultan Mosque) and Arab Street. It was always very crowded in the morning, seven days a week. There, one will find casual dealers and some vintage-watch collectors, too.

Kindly do not forget about the flea-markets at Sungei Road and Chinatown. Apart from these two places, I am sure you know where the other vintage-watch shops are located.

It is hoped, this mini gathering will be a success and those present will enjoy.

Thank-you.

NT931 likes this.
  5. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 25, 2013

Respectable Member Privateday7

You good work will surely be much appreciated.

How I wished, I could join the respectable crowd in this mini gathering.

Have lots of fun and enjoy.

Thank-you.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 25, 2013

Dear respectable seamonster,
    This must brought up many good memories back in Singapore. Thank you for your heart warming wishes.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 25, 2013

Our watch boutiques here are pretty... thin, Trev couldn't even see a GO in this country as they have no presence at all in Australia, so it'll be cool to see some of those bigger stores that carry a wide range of brands and models.

8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Nov 25, 2013

You will not be disappointed. But can't say the same for vintage. Just remember to bring your credit cards.:whistling:

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 25, 2013

My wife's cousin lives in Sydney. She regularly goes to Singapore during the Great Sale. She said the saving that she got from shopping there is more than the air ticket and accommodation cost.
    It was truer when AUD was stronger than USD and SGD. Probably not so much now.

10. Reintitan Nov 28, 2013

Hmmm...I might be able to pull this one off since I'm not going to my annual Asia trip this Christmas/New Year's; I was planning on postponing it to late-Jan/early-Feb 2014. I'll have to add Singapore to my itinerary if my trip pulls through.

How much is a direct flight from SFO to SIN again? ::money:: Ah, the joys of the long haul.

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 28, 2013

Certainly less than a nice Connie SS pie pan :D. Let us know if you want to confirm the seat.

12. Reintitan Nov 29, 2013

Will do, sir.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2013

I know we've got a few more Singaporean members, I might send out a notification reasonably soon to people with that set as their location

Privateday7 likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

Booked my flight, I'll be there from 6th to 10th of Feb

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 22, 2013

Booked my flight, too. 7th to 9th Feb 2014.
    Btw Felix will join us. He had clean speedy pre moon and 58 rolex sub

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

oh nice! We'll definitely need to check out some of the boutiques, we don't have a Patek boutique or anything in Brisbane.

17. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 22, 2013

You have to make him bring the daytona!

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

Don't forget, he has to bring the swag too. :D

19. NT931 Dec 22, 2013

Sounds good guys, looking forward to it! 5 people so far, let's hope a couple more sign up in Jan.

20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2014

Booked hotel and everything now, only 3 weeks away!