Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums design - Thank you Trev 'The Architect'

1. puddlep1rate Jan 6, 2015

Having just found this forum after a somewhat long hiatus from the watch world, I just want to thank Trevor 'The Architect' for the wonderfully simplistic and clean design of this forum. It is very refreshing from the usual horde of category/sub category format used by many of the other watch forums and forums just in general.

Very clean, simple, elegant design, and easy to navigate.

Thank you for this wonderful forum Trevor and all of the other admins and mods involved.

ELV web, Tritium, TLIGuy and 6 others like this.
  2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Cheers. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

The current implementation of ΩF is a heavily modified version of XenForo, which is based on some pretty old technology and ideas about forums. We're still working as quickly as possible on our in-house platform called Escapement, which will be a huge improvement over everything we have now.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 7, 2015

Nice to see OF is planning to make that important transition from finishing someone else's ebauches to a 100% in-house movement!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

NT931 likes this.
  4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 7, 2015

looking forward for Escapement launch. Do you plan to leverage Escapement for other forums, too?

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 11, 2015

Right now it's purely for our forum and members. Selling or licensing the software isn't really something we're aiming for, but I wouldn't exclude the notion entirely if it's an organisation we're interested in partnering with. It won't be made available to the public.

Northernman and ELV web like this.
  6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 12, 2015

:thumbsup: thanks