Forums Latest Members
  1. glennan Feb 24, 2015

Hi
    I was left my grandfathers gold fob watch it has lovely engraved front with 18k mark cuivre 1670366 inside and that is about all I know I was wondering if anyone can help as I would just like to know the age of the watch ...
    thanks
    xx

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 24, 2015

Probably 1901, pics would help to be sure.

3. glennan Feb 24, 2015

thanks... I am having trouble taking pictures to capture the engravings (need a better camera) inside the dust cover there is nothing no numbers only where the FASR there is an engraving that looks gold maybe it is wheat or im really not sure

omega6.JPG omega5.JPG omega4.JPG omega1.JPG omega2.JPG
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 24, 2015

The movement looks like other Omegas from the period, but it is not marked. Neither is the case, at least not with an Omega logo. Not that unusual back then as most Swiss watch companies made "anonymous" versions of their movements for private label sale in the US.

The only way to tell would be to have a trusted watchmaker take off the dial and take a picture of the movement underneath. Many of the very early Omega movements only had serial numbers on that side. Then send the pictures to Omega and hope they can tell you something before you pay $100 for an extract.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

noelekal likes this.
  5. glennan Feb 24, 2015

Ah sorry was late at night for me found markings on the other cover of the omega ....THANK you all im happy if its 1901 aroundish but now am thinking it was my great grandads then maybe passed on...it does tick so sweetly. They immigrated from ireland

omega7.JPG