Forums Latest Members
  1. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

QxDaMfH.jpg To whom it may concern,

I have a very early 70’s Omega Flightmaster (photos attached) which was handed down to me by my father. This watch was my mom’s wedding present to my dad and as you can imagine it has immense sentimental value to me and I would love to get it back to as close as possible to its original condition and fully operational.

At present it doesn’t look to bad but after supposedly a reputable UK watch repairer looked at it (no names mentioned), replaced the glass and pressure tested it, quite a few years ago it has never worked properly since – the mechanism seems to constantly be jammed and the watch no longer keeps time, however I do not want to force the winding mechanism, should I break something.

Would someone be able to assist with the following?
    1. Where can I get a quote for servicing the watch and quote for repairs if needed in Christchurch, New Zealand. If no-one here in New Zealand can guarantee a good professional service, then who is the closest person/agent that can. I've heard that when one is on the other side of the world from Switzerland, I probably am better to not post it to an Omega agent (as it may go missing in the post) but take it to a local watch repairer that specializes in vintage watches - comments and thoughts?!?
    2. Can the case and glass face be polished to remove all / most scratches.
    3. Can it be re-pressure tested to ensure its waterproofness? I think it can only be tested to 30 meters but I could be wrong.
    4. How can I trace and possibly get a quote for a replacement 22 mm wide strap – preferably the original rubber directly from either ISOFRANE / Omega alternatively worst case, I'll keep the two straps that I already have.
    5. How can I get my hands on a spare original genuine Omega case for this watch?
    Your comments and professional assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

PfqU8Nl.jpg xhU5sQO.jpg YQ3nEje.jpg ba2akFx.jpg
  2. Steve1haggart Feb 24, 2019

Photos are always nice .

3. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

Apologies, I'm only
    new to this Forum seen and I thought I'd added the photos - see below or attached.

DSC_0364.JPG

4. Steve1haggart Feb 24, 2019

No apologies neccesery :)

rgdc11 likes this.
  5. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

I'm not sure but photos do not seem to be adding. I'll try again.

6. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

what Am I doing wrong?!? Do you see the photos?!?
    I've selected the add photos below and it seems to upload them all and then I click reply but they just seem to vanish.

7. eastenddom Feb 24, 2019

try just loading them into imgur and make sure they are not public those people suck, then just post the link to the folder.

8. TDBK Feb 24, 2019

"Add photos" lets you choose photos and upload them, but they are just staged, you need to click "Insert photo'" to actually put it into your post. Best of luck.

9. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

TDBK,

That is what I've done and already a couple of times.

Maybe the host of this Forum could possibly clarify where I might be going wrong.

Thanks

10. rgdc11 Feb 24, 2019

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 24, 2019

No, the photos are not showing up.

The recommendation to link to photos hosted elsewhere is frowned upon by the OF owners. It is possible the issue you are having is related to the server upgrade that took place yesterday.

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 24, 2019

What you were doing wrong was that your photos were WAY too big to load